Sound card for 2.1 speakers as headphones

Eyal

I'm planing to built a new PC, but I hate using headphones because they are not comfortable. that's why I want to get myself good speakers. maybe with a sub as well...

every sound card I see a review they say "Great for headphones" but I don't know if they are good for speakers.

I don't know anything about sound, and if I should buy an entry level card, mid range, or a high end...

Go for an Asus Xonar DG or DX, depend on which slot you have available, there are not that expensive and perform quiet well. If you want the best of the best then you have to look for an higher end Xonar like the Essence STX.

I don't plan to use a Crossfire or SLI setup, so I won't be limited... and how much bandwidth does a sound card need?

And I don't know if I need the best of the best, I don't have a place that I can test it for myself.

​I'm not a musician, but I like to listen to high quality sound.

and aren't the DG and DX headphone sound card?

a pci-e 1X slot for a sound card is enough.

And the xonar dg and dx are no headphone soundcards.

the dg is for 5.1 surround sound

the dx for 7.1 sound

You can't go wrong with a DG or DX, I use a DX for my X530 set from Logitech (5.1) and the sound is great, also with my headphones on it's still great but the are not specially for headphone use.

The DG is a PCI card and de DX is a PCI-e 1x card.

If you really want to spend the money, then the Essence STX is good for headphones and 2.1 speaker setups. This is a big investment, but you would probably never need to buy a sound card again, and it would give you headroom in case you ever want to buy a headset or headphones.

pnBIF.gif?1

Ok, thanks! I'll probably get the DX...