PS4 and Xbox One in Australia: Not Quite Next-Gen

Modzy

IGN Original Post, While i maybe a PC gamer and this kind of news is more entertainment reading. My better half is more of a console gamer and she was really looking forward to the new gen techs that comes with both of these consoles. Maybe if we turn them up side down they will work. :P

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/11/29/ps4-and-xbox-one-in-australia-not-quite-next-gen

Yeah us Aussies just need to raise a middle finger to the technology industry. I imagine some of that stuff will probably get patched soon enough.

oh well, thats what AU is about, being backwards , must be because everything is upside down here

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

That being said, I don't think half the countries internet connection is good enough to stream HD content as it is.

anddd, this is the reason why i've been telling everyone i know, not to buy any of the new "NEXT GEN" consoles, i hope steambox comes in and wins the Aussie market.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k (@4.4Ghz) Mobo: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence SSD:120GB Samsung EVO & 128GB Crucial M4 (Fast Storage) Storage: Hitach 3TB HDD GPU: Powercolor R9 290 PCS+ CPU Block: EK Supremacy Gold Clean CSQ Radiatiors: Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper XT45 120mm, ST30 280mm & XT45 280mm w/ 140mm Phanteks PWM PSU: Corsair HX-650w Gold Soundcard: Asus Xense Case: Corsair Carbide A540 (Black & Gold) Front Panel: NZXT Hue & BitFenix Hydra Pro Speakers: Swan M200MKIII HeadsetSennheiser PC350 (Xense Edition)

Thats Bad, but can be worse. In fact you guys are still lucky here in South Africa the PS4 only comes out on the 14th of December at a recommended price of R6300 ($630), and as for the Xbox One no release date has been set but it will be available in 2014, rumors suggest November 2014, price will probably be around the $700-800 mark.

I work in a retail outlet, The amount of people I have asking me why they can't turn there Xbox On with their voice is actually starting to drive me mad xD.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I feel they could have nutted up and replaced "overseas" with "U.S."

That being said, I don't think half the countries internet connection is good enough to stream HD content as it is.

Most of Australia has ADSL2+. I'm one of the lucky few with a fiber optic connection.

*sigh* Australia always gets hit with 30% more expensive hardware and games, and now this.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

The Xbox One sucks anyway and the whole point of a console is to play games.

I couldn't agree more, I don't mind extras but playing games should be the number 1