Any ideas on how to mod a full Tempered Glass panel on the Caselabs STH10?

So I want to have a full tempered glass panel on the caselabs STH10, I was thinking of getting a piece of glass that would be the exact dimensions of the door, having 4 holes drilled and threaded in the corners that would line up with the holes in the frame, then have it tempered. Is this the right idea, or should I use another method to attach it? I would love to have thumbscrews but I am not sure what threading if any the case has. Thank you!

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

I mean... it would work.

but it would be cheaper and easier to just get a new case.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

I mean... it would work.

The STH10 is almost $750...

@Tech22

That should work, just make sure you get the holes measured EXACTLY right. 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

I mean... it would work.

This case would be 'new' I need the radiator capacity for the build I am working on. There is currently no case on the market of this build quality, caliber, radiator and watercooling capacity and functionality with tempered glass.

Just now, Lurick said:

@Tech22

Ok. Is there any better way to attach it?

7 minutes ago, Tech22 said:

So I want to have a full tempered glass panel on the caselabs STH10, I was thinking of getting a piece of glass that would be the exact dimensions of the door, having 4 holes drilled and threaded in the corners that would line up with the holes in the frame, then have it tempered. Is this the right idea, or should I use another method to attach it? I would love to have thumbscrews but I am not sure what threading if any the case has. Thank you!

For that case it opens on a hinge so I would go with a method that would have a frame or support bracket for the glass to attach to over a larger area. If you want to do thumb screws that would not be too hard as long as you can drill and tap threads into the frame of the case or add in bolts 

Edited by W-L

Just now, Lurick said:

The STH10 is almost $750...

@Tech22

Just now, Tech22 said:

This case would be 'new' I need the radiator capacity for the build I am working on. There is currently no case on the market of this build quality, caliber, radiator and watercooling capacity and functionality with tempered glass.

Ah.

wasn't familiar with that case, and didn't know how expensive it was.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, Tech22 said:

Ok. Is there any better way to attach it?

Scratch my previous post.

The STH10 uses the same XXL panel as the SMA8 and that has 12 posts already attached to the panel.

Do NOT try and remove those posts by pulling them out, you'll have to cut them off with a dremel or similar.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Ah.

wasn't familiar with that case, and didn't know how expensive it was.

Yah, I really wish CaseLabs offered a TG mod option but unfortunately they dont :( 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Scratch my previous post.

The STH10 uses the same XXL panel as the SMA8 and that has 12 posts already attached to the panel.

Do NOT try and remove those posts by pulling them out, you'll have to cut them off with a dremel or similar.

Which posts? The clips that attach the panel to the case?

Just now, Tech22 said:

Which posts? The clips that attach the panel to the case?

No, on the XXL panel there are 12 posts on the inside that hold the plexi window onto the panel.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

No, on the XXL panel there are 12 posts on the inside that hold the plexi window onto the panel.

What I meant was instead of the side panel all together a full window spanning the who motherboard tray compartment. Not removing the window from the existing panel.

2 minutes ago, Tech22 said:

What I meant was instead of the side panel all together a full window spanning the who motherboard tray compartment. Not removing the window from the existing panel.

Oh. I mean I personally don't think it would look good at all seeing the holes around the edges, but if you can manage to get some holes drilled in the corner area it could work. You'll need two in each corner and to not install the silver pieces:

CqEX9Ym.jpg

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

26 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Oh. I mean I personally don't think it would look good at all seeing the holes around the edges, but if you can manage to get some holes drilled in the corner area it could work. You'll need two in each corner and to not install the silver pieces:

CqEX9Ym.jpg

I could just put thin black electrical tape in front of them and it should cover them up. I am also going to see if the glass store can black out the edges of the panel. 

14 hours ago, Tech22 said:

I could just put thin black electrical tape in front of them and it should cover them up. I am also going to see if the glass store can black out the edges of the panel. 

Yah but you still would have to screw it onto the side and all that which I just think would look meh.

Personally, I think it would be better to just take the XXL panel and replace its window with tempered glass, but unfortunately that's a pain in the rear since nobody has or will give out the damn CAD drawing of the plexi part >.<*

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: