*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

So I have a windows xp vary bad my gramma gave it to me for free so I took it thinking I could play some minecraft or mabye gta 5 so I tried minecraft I had a lot of trouble trying to download it and when I got it to work I went to go play it and it kept lagging and said launcher has stopped working and it said I had 2-3 fps sucks I really want a gaming pc I really want to play with typical gamer he does gta 5 videos I was thinking about buying my own pc but I didn't have enough money plz 

can I win the pc I'm begging you I don't know what I would do if I won

Just now, Bradley chrouch said:

So I have a windows xp vary bad my gramma gave it to me for free so I took it thinking I could play some minecraft or mabye gta 5 so I tried minecraft I had a lot of trouble trying to download it and when I got it to work I went to go play it and it kept lagging and said launcher has stopped working and it said I had 2-3 fps sucks I really want a gaming pc I really want to play with typical gamer he does gta 5 videos I was thinking about buying my own pc but I didn't have enough money plz 

can I win the pc I'm begging you I don't know what I would do if I won

Its  have a laptop from Samsung that is 6 or 7 years old. Can run things a bit more intensive than Minecraft but cannot run shaders,  has Intel graphics and has 4 fps on rocket league. cannot even run chrome properly and everything tends to display a Not Responding warning. Not even Windows Explorer will work properly sometimes. hard drive is broken,  so is battery. rip me if I try to run csgo

9 minutes ago, Panda255 said:

#ROGRigReboot Good luck everyone!

VERTICAL :|

. -------------------------------------------------------------------.        
        | [Esc] [F1][F2][F3][F4][F5][F6][F7][F8][F9][F0][F10][F11][F12] o o o|        
        |                                                                    |        
        | [`][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][0][-][=][_<_] [I][H][U] [N][/][*][-]|        
        | [|-][Q][W][E][R][T][Y][U][I][O][P][{][}]|  | [D][E][D] [7][8][9]|+||        
        | [CAP][A][S][D][F][G][H][J][K][L][;]['][#]|_|           [4][5][6]|_||        
        | [^][\][Z][X][C][V][B][N][M][,][.][/] [__^__]    [^]    [1][2][3]| ||        
        | [c]   [a][________________________][a]   [c] [<][V][>] [ 0  ][.]|_||        
        `--------------------------------------------------------------------'       

Many people enter this contest for just better parts and a better setup. I am not that you shouldn't enter but actually have a need. I edit short films which we won a grand prize in a national championship, and also a cartoonist (me and my friends are trying to create a cartoon short) and also a little bit of art. I still do gaming but it is a mundane experience on a macbook so I actually need a new computer for overall productivity. 

YOU STILL NEED A VALID REASON TO ACTUALLY WIN THE GRAND PRİCE.

3 minutes ago, ANormalGulboy said:

I thought the Akitio PCIE one shouldn't have a graphics card inside, still many people cracked it. I was thinking about a Akitio Node. Because you need a external power supply and Thunder 2 doesnt fully support a gpu I still think of the expensive but secure and convenient one. Cause I love my Macbook its great for daily use and all but not for gaming or rendering. I also will get paid tomorrow for my 1 month summer job. I want to buy this Lg ultrawide 29 inch monitor. Also just saying to you that the High Sierra which is still at beta supports egpu on go so you dont need bootcamp.

I used an external power supply to power both the box and the card, so that worked out fine. Nvidia also released the pascal drivers for mac so it actually works on Sierra too with some messing about! I'm happy with my egpu setup but its still fucky and i could really use more than 150gb of space for an entire windows system. If you can afford the node though go for it.

Just now, Baby Blu said:

I used an external power supply to power both the box and the card, so that worked out fine. Nvidia also released the pascal drivers for mac so it actually works on Sierra too with some messing about! I'm happy with my egpu setup but its still fucky and i could really use more than 150gb of space for an entire windows system. If you can afford the node though go for it.

I was thinking about a cheap version of vega and a node. I dont want to bother with a external psu. 

Now I have to make a video. Good luck all, I'll post my video soon!

I'm still concerned by the fact it's for North America only, but that's probably because of Asus.
I'm over 18 and I have considerably old and a bit crappy computer, but I live in the Czech Republic.
But I guess it's OK. There will be probably some kind of international competition in the future :)

(Anyway, greetings from the Czech Republic! :D)

3 minutes ago, Baby Blu said:

I also want you to win judging that you are actually a content creator. You said you are a audio engineer which is really hard. I don't know the which pc part you need better for a audio engineer but ı think it would be the processor so good luck. (PS: I actually want to be involved with music). Also you can hook up a usb hub and just have a external hard drive like I do on my macbook 2015. I still edit films and such on final cut which is a huge waste of space. 

#ROGRigReboot Well here's 3 minutes of work... 

1 minute ago, Busconian said:

I can run basically any game. But not at a very good quality....

OMG dude. 

this is for poor people that doesnt even have a graphics card. You even have green sleeves. SLICK setup but not for this contest. 

WTf am I the judge here

1 minute ago, ANormalGulboy said:

I also want you to win judging that you are actually a content creator. You said you are a audio engineer which is really hard. I don't know the which pc part you need better for a audio engineer but ı think it would be the processor so good luck. (PS: I actually want to be involved with music). Also you can hook up a usb hub and just have a external hard drive like I do on my macbook 2015. I still edit films and such on final cut which is a huge waste of space. 

thank you! right now the cpu is the main thing holding me back, I only have two cores so Pro Tools crashes a lot. I would have an external hard drive but theyre not fast enough to run games off of unless i thunderbolt > nvme and both my thunderbolt slots are taken by ethernet and the egpu. thank you for the endorsement though, i hope the people judging feel the same haha

Just now, Baby Blu said:

thank you! right now the cpu is the main thing holding me back, I only have two cores so Pro Tools crashes a lot. I would have an external hard drive but theyre not fast enough to run games off of unless i thunderbolt > nvme and both my thunderbolt slots are taken by ethernet and the egpu. thank you for the endorsement though, i hope the people judging feel the same haha

I have a one terabyte hard drive of usb 3.1 and it runs games really fine. Mine has flash storage so the difference is noticeable for me but it might be ok. Considering loading screens are becoming lesser.

I think I deserve to win because I have a Mac that is basically ready to kill itself. The idle temps are above normal, and the load temps are too high! I have enough to build a decent budget rig, but my parents say that it would be a waste because I already have a 'Working Computer'

I tried to run Premier or Final Cut but I couldn't. I hope you enjoy my iMovie skills at least. 

#ROGRigReboot

Spoiler

Yes I am under 18, but I have parental consent.

My PC:

Macbook Pro 13", 2017 w/ Touchbar

Specs:

CPU: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

I really hope people dont fake on this. I was about to grab my Mom's old computer and use that with my 1050p screen and was praying to win so I could get a PC that could help me with my animations. But I realized that I am lucky enough to have a GTX 1060 and an i7. Glad I stopped myself. Anyway I really hope they choose carefully and pick someone that actually needs it.

#ROGRigReboot  stuck playing games from 2013 like cs go l4d2 cant run gtav worth a dosh garnit almost all games are played 30-40 fps low detail studdering clipping rubber banding running into items that were invisible as you hit them etc, more info in video description. i look up to you guys you inspire me it would be incredible to get to make a pc, given to me by you's guys. https://youtu.be/pTsYWVAj6us    Spoiler warning this video i made sucks LOL GL REKT #ROGRigReboot !!!!!@#!@#!@$#%12341241!!@#!##!!11

#ROGRigReboot I am under the age of 18, but I do have a Guardian with me.

#ROGRigReboot 

some backstory, I was going to Embrey Riddle aueronautical university for aeronautical science (piloting). While I was there I brought a top of the line Area 51 with money I saved up from my freshman year of highschool to by this system. During my spring semester the school called my in for a meeting and they told me that as an autistic I can't fly. I guessed they decided to check on my medical history after a situation that I had prior. Anyway, I was neck deep in depression and couldn't even motivate myself to study for the finals that were comming up, because all those classes were classes that only were credited if I stay in my degree (ground school aeronautical law and others). I obviously bombed all my exams dropping my gpa down to a 2.3, bellow the colleges standards and I was kicked out.

My parents understood my situation and weren't mad at me but they couldn't afford to both send my pc to our house (Virgin Islands) from Daytona AND afford to pay for college here in the Dominican Republic so I had to choose, my education or my gameing. Luckily the buyer only wanted the system not all the  peripherals. So with the cash I got from the system I could afford to send some stuff here and with my parents help afford to pay for the first year of college (enough time to apply for scholarships here in the country). 

Anyway here I am now with all top of the line peripherals and a pc that can't even run minecraft. Also (as you can see from my pfp) I'm edgy AF so I love black and red, you know what company also loves those two colors? ROG! Plus I'm a RGB whore and no other programs links beautiful lighting effects together like Aura! So thanks for reading this mini essay (didn't realize it was so long) and good luck to the other contestants!

2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Spotty

Can someone still enter and win and not fly out to canada? From what I've read it takes a long time to get passports. We've never had money to travel in our state or out of country so I never saw any use for a passport. It'd be a shame if I win but can't fly to canada.

2 minutes ago, Mike Lee said:

#ROGRigReboot I am under the age of 18, but I do have a Guardian with me.

I have never ever played a game more than 60 fps than roblox or minecraft. I game on a macbook. best joke of the year.

ALSO YOU HAVE A ALİENWARE WTH it is soo good. I never saw my fps counter go up to 120 hell even 60. It was maxed at 58. It was so smooth

2 minutes ago, Mozzafiato said:

Can someone still enter and win and not fly out to canada? From what I've read it takes a long time to get passports. We've never had money to travel in our state or out of country so I never saw any use for a passport. It'd be a shame if I win but can't fly to canada.

Passports take 3 weeks max

. -------------------------------------------------------------------.        
        | [Esc] [F1][F2][F3][F4][F5][F6][F7][F8][F9][F0][F10][F11][F12] o o o|        
        |                                                                    |        
        | [`][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][0][-][=][_<_] [I][H][U] [N][/][*][-]|        
        | [|-][Q][W][E][R][T][Y][U][I][O][P][{][}]|  | [D][E][D] [7][8][9]|+||        
        | [CAP][A][S][D][F][G][H][J][K][L][;]['][#]|_|           [4][5][6]|_||        
        | [^][\][Z][X][C][V][B][N][M][,][.][/] [__^__]    [^]    [1][2][3]| ||        
        | [c]   [a][________________________][a]   [c] [<][V][>] [ 0  ][.]|_||        
        `--------------------------------------------------------------------'