*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

@smolbeanmachine You dont need to use your mic. Could just use epic songs such but not limited to Drowning Pool - Let The Bodies Hit The Floor, smash mouth -  All Star. You're welcome for the advice :) make sure to have your specs though.

#ROGRigReboot ill tell you this im not a content creator but i am a gamer and the last big title i was able to run was Diablo 3.

#ROGRigReboot

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2szHq2Y17HkOURYOHZIcFp6NlU/view?usp=drivesdk

That is the video link

It has an AMD A6-1450 

4gb of ram

Windows 10 home

I use a 2005 Dell Keyboard and a 5 dollar wireless Insignia mouse that I made a custom dongle fore

I would love to get ASUS graphics cards, motherboards, and monitors 

I bought it after I won some money

I how to win and get a new PC and settup

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Do i submit my video in the comments or where am i supposed to do that?

#ROGRigReboot

My old HP laptop from 2013.  The exterior's worn, the fan's grinding, and the GPU stopped working in 2015.

I've been wanting to build a new PC for a while, but minimum wage sucks.  Most games just crash outright on it.  League of legends runs 25-30 fps on low settings,  CS:GO gets anywhere from 15-40 fps depending on the map, and playing overwatch on the lowest settings at 1366 x 768 is just disgusting.

It's got an i7-4700MQ, 8gb of DDR3 1600Mhz RAM, an Nvidia gpu that no longer works, a fan that grinds and fails to cool, and corrosion where you put your hands, and a failing keyboard.

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a "gaming" rig, but i do have an old namco plug and play that fulfills the "gaming" requirement.

P.S.  Please excuse my ugly face.

Edited by moustache_deer
Old video was a bit off. Had to reupload

#ROGRigReboot

My approach was to remake the original commercial of my imac g3 graphite, i mean this one:

This is my entry:

I do not have bench marks but i have a photo of the cpu usage while playing nes which i think explains everything

VID_20170812_214839.mp4.00_00_03_01.Imagen fija001.bmp

There is more to the story than i could said in the video, Im an engineering student at Mexico city,but my family live in another state (about 2 and a half hours away), so every  weekend i go visit them. One day, i was on my way to the bus terminal, so i took a bus to get there, and i happened to notice through the window a sage imac g3 on a "yard sale". But i didnt got off the bus inmediately, i was runninng late so...
Then, a couple meters down the road the bus i was in broke down and everybody got off, thats when i realized i could go take a peak a that computer, 10 minutes later i bought it for about 10 US dollars (200 mexican pesos). It was hard to move around with it, beacuse it is so heavy, but i finally made it to the terminal and my family was perplexed when they saw me with such a big thing.

The graphite one came when i started to look into overclocking the sage one,long story short, i got it in exchange of my old smartphone, the one you see in the video is a franken-computer with parts of the two.

The games in the video are: "Slippy" and "Out of this world".
And also, my heart broke a little when Linus kicked that imac :P

Spoiler

If you have one as well and want to overclock it, here is the tutorial:
http://lowendmac.com/2009/overclocking-a-slot-loading-imac/

Be advised, smd resistors are hard to work with, and you can accidentally rip the soldering pads, but you can just make the connections without any resistor, and it'll work fine.

2 hours ago, sceypt said:

@smolbeanmachine You dont need to use your mic. Could just use epic songs such but not limited to Drowning Pool - Let The Bodies Hit The Floor, smash mouth -  All Star. You're welcome for the advice :) make sure to have your specs though.

Like my video xD

#ROGRigReboot

AMd Fx 8310 3.4 ghz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

NVIDIA GeForce GT 420 2GB

MSI 970 Gaming MotherBoard

hyperx furry 4GB DDR3 ram

1TB Western Digital HHD

Corsair CX750M power supply

DEEPCOOL KENDOMEN Red ATX Mid Tower

Devastator II LED Gaming Keyboard and Mouse

Untitled.png

#ROGRigReboot

Heya! I wanted to join this competition, however, I have a fairly competent rig.

I had a dilemma, but I then realized I could add something this competition was missing: spicy memes! (and dabz on the haterz)

Here's my video submission:

Featured 'rig': http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2370929

Editing rig:

Case: Rosewill Gram

PSU: EVGA 600w White

Cpu: i3 7350k

Cpu cooler: NZXT Kraken x52

Memory: 2x8gb 3000ghz Corsair white LED

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming gtx 1070

SSD: Crucial BX100

HDD: WD Blue 1tb (2012)

That's basically it.

Here's the actual benchmark for it: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/4638802

I just wanted to join the fun and hopefully make some other contestants laugh.

Good luck fellow competitors!

Stay spicy!

-DuhMemeBoy

#ROGRigReboot

Sorry in advance for stealing the LTT intro, as well as making fun of Linus's sandal socks. :D

My name is Kris and I am from Vancouver Washington. I am a co-founder of a small gaming community called Dweebfire Gaming Community. We have been playing games together since 1999. My PC is to the point where I can no longer keep up with the games that they want to play. Pretty much stuck at Rocket League and CS 1.6. My wife has cancer and we're buried in medical bills so I cannot afford to upgrade it right now. PC gaming is our release from everyday life. My wife likes Diablo and MOBAs and I like Rocket League and FPS. I build this computer myself back in 2010 and have upgraded a few pieces since then over the years. The GPU, the PSU, and the case. 

My PC Specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition at 2.6 GHz

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 mainboard

8 Gigs of OCZ DDR2 @ 1066 MHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB

OCZ 700 watt Power Supply

Xclio A380 full size case

Fully functioning x16 DVD R/W optical drive

My peripherals are:

Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard and mouse combo 

HannSpree 21' monitor

Good Luck to all entries! And thank you Linus Tech Tips for the opportunity!  Sock On.... I mean... Rock On!

too bad this isn't text based. 

now i have to market my 3770k as being potato

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

#ROGRigReboot

Hey there :-) 

With your help we can maybe join the Republic of Gamers! 
That Republic sounds like a safe place away from any possible nuke attacks :-)

And maybe, my friends and me can finally enjoy Rocket League with more than 15 fps! :-)

DFTBA

Coecu

P,S, sometimes an issue: "A SOLAR keyboard in the BASEMENT.... B R A V O...Bravo me..."

17 minutes ago, Coecu said:

#ROGRigReboot

Hey there :-) 

Another issue: "A SOLAR keyboard in the BASEMENT.... B R A V O..."

Greetings ;--{ ()

My boy was super excited to enter.  We shot some videos where he went on for over 5 minutes, so I admittedly coached him a bit to get him down to a reasonable time.

Here's his entry for #ROGRigReboot

Here's my rig btw it can only play minecraft at 20fps #ROGRigReboot 

35 minutes ago, Creeper_Killer12 said:

;--{ ()

I uploaded it again... :-) I guess now it's better ;-)

Just now, Coecu said:

I uploaded it again... :-) I guess now it's better ;-)

Now its 3 times better ;-{}

10 hours ago, Lukeab02 said:

Do i submit my video in the comments or where am i supposed to do that?

In the comments

12 hours ago, smolbeanmachine said:

so I need to make a video? I hate my voice in my microphone 

Yes don't worry about how you sound

Here's my #ROGRigReboot entry video. I made something very silly (and probably cringey...)

43 minutes ago, DragoNate said:

Here's my #ROGRigReboot entry video. I made something very silly (and probably cringey...)

If you win I want your pc plz

1 hour ago, DragoNate said:

That is a good pc @DragoNate  I would be happy with tha

I can't really make the video that you want me to make but the reason I need a new custom PC is because like you I have a YouTube channel, I actually have two YouTube channels one for technology and one for gaming and I can't do the videos that I want to do due to the fact that I have a really bad PC and half the time I can't even edit my videos without there being audio lag. In addition I can't even game on the PC. The PC is sporting a AMD Athlon II X240 Processor at 2.80Ghz and whenever I'm just normally using my PC without doing anything heavy on the computer like just using the internet to do research on something the processor will start running on the max load which is 2.80 Ghz then the computer starts lagging and that's why I need a new pc.

ROG Rig Reboot.mp4