How to speed up a slow internet.

Death6199

So i'm moving to new albany, indiana, the fastest providers for internet is frontier, and im lucky to get 10 mbs,(it took 3 days to download the new finale fanasty) and its very spoty at times it goes out, so my idea was to get 3 connection put into my home and use a load balancing router like the ones form tp. Im trying to keep it cheap and at least have a way to play online games, so i have to use wired connections not satillate. Someone please help me.

6 minutes ago, Death6199 said:

So i'm moving to new albany, indiana, the fastest providers for internet is frontier, and im lucky to get 10 mbs,(it took 3 days to download the new finale fanasty) and its very spoty at times it goes out, so my idea was to get 3 connection put into my home and use a load balancing router like the ones form tp. Im trying to keep it cheap and at least have a way to play online games, so i have to use wired connections not satillate. Someone please help me.

Paying to have two more landline connections put in won't be cheap, nor will the huge broadband costs.....I belive LTT had a video on the matter.....

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

4 minutes ago, Death6199 said:

To my knowledge, a load balancing router is not quite designed for trunking connection together, it's more of a failover in case one of the connections goes down. Linus actually did a video regarding a solution that he uses at home. (Spoiler alert: It's actually a costly solution, but it works.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqbnjgbtDl0&t=339s

2 hours ago, Death6199 said:

You should be grateful. My dad is on the wrong side of his road and has a dedicated T1 circuit running at 1.5Mbp/s up and down. 0.8 on a bad day. It takes probably a day to install a 4 GB file. 10Mbp/s is like insanely fast for me. (Yes this is not the fastest he can get, T2 is 3Mbp/s and double what he's paying now, $350 a month)

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

3 hours ago, Death6199 said:

Frontier, as well as other DSL providers, should have the ability to bond the 2 or more DSL connections, in fact, I believe most DSL modems from Frontier/Verizon have 2 RJ-11 jacks to be used in bonding. This ISP grade bonding method is better than other methods because no additional equipment is needed*, no external server/VPN is needed, it may be cheaper than 2 full DSL connections, you would only have 1 IP address, and it's ISP supported.

There are two issues with bonding however, first, you'll need to be connected to a CO or Central Office that has a DSLAM that supports bonding. Now, the second issue is the worst part, good luck getting ahold of a person that knows WTF you're talking about, it seems like only the older techs/engineers know anything about this option, sales is kinda useless.

*You may need a different modem.

Best of Luck :D

9 hours ago, Death6199 said:

Your screwed. Frontier is going out of business. Its only a matter of time before they file bankruptcy. Keep in mind that they only have so many circuits open on DSL. In some cases people have been told that they cant get connected due to them being full. They might not be willing to run more than one line to your house. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 hours ago, Chaz042 said:

There are two issues with bonding however, first, you'll need to be connected to a CO or Central Office that has a DSLAM that supports bonding. Now, the second issue is the worst part, good luck getting ahold of a person that knows WTF you're talking about, it seems like only the older techs/engineers know anything about this option, sales is kinda useless.

Almost all cards from all vendors support bonding that I have ran into. Our equipment supports it and it works great....but is still DSL which is a crap standard that needs to go away. 

I can agree that most tech wont know how to configure it. I am a tier 3 and I still only know how to do it on two of our 3 platforms. Its a rare connection so I do understand why little people have the knowledge to set it up.

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Your screwed. Frontier is going out of business. Its only a matter of time before they file bankruptcy. Keep in mind that they only have so many circuits open on DSL. In some cases people have been told that they cant get connected due to them being full. They might not be willing to run more than one line to your house. 

Can I have a link to an article about this? If they go we will have no options :P

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

31 minutes ago, catzambia said:

Can I have a link to an article about this? If they go we will have no options :P

Cant find the artilce. It was on DSLreports.com. While they havent officaly stated it. Frontier almost got delisted on the Nasdaq, due to shitty stock price. Its no secret that the dealings they have made with Verizon to buy some of Verizon's DSL and FIOS assests gave them a lot of debt. If push comes to shove I would guess another provider would buy the assets for a steal when they die. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.