Need cases suggestions.

Cruorzy

So my build is coming up in a few weeks. Components are in price range already chosen but still have to see what some CPU's out there will do (Threadripper, Skylake-X, Coffeelake)

I want to make sure i have 2 category choices of cases for when im starting to build since it is quite important for me how the looks are.

Wall mounted case - I might do a custom watercooling loop and would love to see that thing nice and shiny everytime i make use of my Computer, since i have a multi monitor setup this will not be possible on my Desk. The desk is already quite large and getting a larger one is nonsense. So i would love to hang it above my main screen high enough so my desk can still go up and down (electric).

I am totally not at home with wall mounted cases and most of them i see are pretty big, will think that will be ugly since there will be only 1 GPU and not a mad looking big loop. So most of the case will be empty i feel.

Regular Tempered glass case - If i step out of the Custom watercool area since it does not really benefit me personally but i really like the idea/experience i get from it. Then i would like a nice looking case which still shows the components inside. I really liked Luke his build but the Air cooling was quite disappointing i heard. The build includes RGB.

Max will be something like €300

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

11 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

So my build is coming up in a few weeks. Components are in price range already chosen but still have to see what some CPU's out there will do (Threadripper, Skylake-X, Coffeelake)

I want to make sure i have 2 category choices of cases for when im starting to build since it is quite important for me how the looks are.

Wall mounted case - I might do a custom watercooling loop and would love to see that thing nice and shiny everytime i make use of my Computer, since i have a multi monitor setup this will not be possible on my Desk. The desk is already quite large and getting a larger one is nonsense. So i would love to hang it above my main screen high enough so my desk can still go up and down (electric).

I am totally not at home with wall mounted cases and most of them i see are pretty big, will think that will be ugly since there will be only 1 GPU and not a mad looking big loop. So most of the case will be empty i feel.

Regular Tempered glass case - If i step out of the Custom watercool area since it does not really benefit me personally but i really like the idea/experience i get from it. Then i would like a nice looking case which still shows the components inside. I really liked Luke his build but the Air cooling was quite disappointing i heard. The build includes RGB.

If you want something small, the corsair 460x is surprisingly good. I managed to pack a fair amount into it:

Atx motherboard, longer than usual PSU, gtx1070, push pull 360 rad. 

My pump/res combo is currently outside the case, however there is space inside to mount it horizontally, or vertically if I had a smaller res tube.

The phanteks cases look real pretty, but are very airflow restrictive, so avoid them if water cooling. Luke used one for his build, and yes the lack of water cooling was disappointing. Check out a JayzTwoCents video about why he hasn't been using ryzen for more details.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

30 minutes ago, unknownmiscreant said:

If you want something small, the corsair 460x is surprisingly good. I managed to pack a fair amount into it:

Atx motherboard, longer than usual PSU, gtx1070, push pull 360 rad. 

I like the looks of the case but not sure about the front with that being glass.

I do not want a small case tho, think i have explained it a bit wrong. Most of the wall mount PC's are huge becuaw they mosly have 2/4 places for reservoirs and have some sick dual or more GPU setup. Since this case only has 1 GPU maybe 2 in the future.. I want it to be normal and not 

bigly

I also like the 750D and 900D from Corsair but loved to see a side panel like the 460X on that

5 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

I like the looks of the case but not sure about the front with that being glass.

I do not want a small case tho, think i have explained it a bit wrong. Most of the wall mount PC's are huge becuaw they mosly have 2/4 places for reservoirs and have some sick dual or more GPU setup. Since this case only has 1 GPU maybe 2 in the future.. I want it to be normal and not 

I also like the 750D and 900D from Corsair but loved to see a side panel like the 460X on that

The 570x then?? The glass on the front isn't really an issue in terms of air flow or anything, as there is a large gap around the sides. Whats to stop you doing something totally custom like a wall mounted version of the LTT DIY desk pc? That could look pretty darn cool. You could potentially water cool the system, and place the rads and possibly pump in the loft area, to reduce noise. 

3 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

Maybe someone has suggestions for alternatives for http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=c_00002732

That looks somewhat like a test bench with a cover to me. Also it looks great in the photos, but is probably a dust magnet.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

7 minutes ago, unknownmiscreant said:

The 570x then?? The glass on the front isn't really an issue in terms of air flow or anything, as there is a large gap around the sides. Whats to stop you doing something totally custom like a wall mounted version of the LTT DIY desk pc? That could look pretty darn cool. You could potentially water cool the system, and place the rads and possibly pump in the loft area, to reduce noise. 

A desk would be a bit to much, the cost of watercooling (if copper) is alot for a system like in the picture. That would be an other 1080 TI Almost. Its not a problem but a thing to think about what matters the most. The new Skylake-X processors do not overclock really hard so its a waste to watercool those probably. Noise isnt that much of a problem since i always wear headphones and cant hear shit with them on :D

10 minutes ago, unknownmiscreant said:

That looks somewhat like a test bench with a cover to me. Also it looks great in the photos, but is probably a dust magnet.

Dust in a case like that isnt a problem since you have like 5 min work without getting it of the wall with some dry air.

But the Themaltake case does not feel like "Thats it!" some minor things that makes the case looking quite ugly in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Cruorzy said:

A desk would be a bit to much, the cost of watercooling (if copper) is alot for a system like in the picture. That would be an other 1080 TI Almost. Its not a problem but a thing to think about what matters the most. The new Skylake-X processors do not overclock really hard so its a waste to watercool those probably. Noise isnt that much of a problem since i always wear headphones and cant hear shit with them on :D

Dust in a case like that isnt a problem since you have like 5 min work without getting it of the wall with some dry air.

But the Themaltake case does not feel like "Thats it!" some minor things that makes the case looking quite ugly in my eyes.

I wasn't meaning build a desk as such, more build a version of the thermal take case you linked. It would end up being somewhat a vertical version of the LTT desk. 

TBH I haven't looked at the X299 stuff, as its so convoluted and development was clearly rushed with the VRM disaster among other stuff. I have better things to do that try make head nor tail of it, given its out of my budget anyway.

I don't think that thermal take case is a 'thats it!' situation either. I have a setup similar to yours, and something like that would look sick at my desk as well.

Not really sure where else you could look for something like that. You could just mount a phanteks case to a wall though, and cut some holes in the sides of the front and top panels facing the wall to improve airflow. Also if you aren't gonna water cool, the airflow is fine. Just make 100% sure to get high-static pressure fans.

Theres a fairly comprehensive test of just about every fan on www.us.hardware.info

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Lian li pc011 is really good for a tempered glass option. It looks brilliant and has watercooling options

34 minutes ago, Alex Middleton said:

Lian li pc011 is really good for a tempered glass option. It looks brilliant and has watercooling options

Nice one, i really like how easly it is to look inside the case. Kind of dislike the THICC Powerbutton side thing.

But dont think you will notice that when the PC is facing your direction.

I'll keep this one in mind also. But still looking for a nice wall mounted option too :)

4 hours ago, Cruorzy said:

Wall mounted case -

This is about at the max of your budget https://www.amazon.com/Lian-Li-PC-O7SX-Mid-Tower-3-5inch-SP-ATX/dp/B00UPIPYMG

TBH this case isnt worth the price of asking, but I've seen builds in these and they look amazing. There's some good examples online of water cooled builds with this too. 

4 hours ago, Cruorzy said:

Regular Tempered glass case

NZXT S340 ELite

Phanteks P400

Phanteks Pro M TG

Corsair 460x

In win 303

Thermaltake View 31

Fractal Design Define C TG / Meshify C, depending on taste

be quiet! dark base pro 900

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25