Mini ITX case search

Vajra

Hey there,

I am in the market for a SFF ITX case for my Ryzen build. The kicker is that my cpu is cooled with a Corsair 240mm aio and my graphics card is cooled with a 120mm aio. So far one of the only cases I see actually working with those two requirements is the Corsair obsidian 240. 

My question is if anyone is aware of other itx cases that could house those two rads. I'm aware that it may just he easier going with a custom loop, which is an option. But if I can find something that works I'd rather not spend the 300 bucks on an EKWB gaming kit. Thanks in advance!

The little brother to the thermaltake core p3 is awesome.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

7 minutes ago, Vajra said:

Hey there,

I am in the market for a SFF ITX case for my Ryzen build. The kicker is that my cpu is cooled with a Corsair 240mm aio and my graphics card is cooled with a 120mm aio. So far one of the only cases I see actually working with those two requirements is the Corsair obsidian 240. 

My question is if anyone is aware of other itx cases that could house those two rads. I'm aware that it may just he easier going with a custom loop, which is an option. But if I can find something that works I'd rather not spend the 300 bucks on an EKWB gaming kit. Thanks in advance!

The Phanteks Evolv ITX, Fractal Define Nano S and the NZXT Manta have the space for both 240mm and 120mm rads but those aren't particularly small as ITX cases but have a more traditional layout so it's easier to build. Anything smaller won't fit 2 rads

Zalman M1

415eZPuTzhL.jpg

41AGQzLcWBL.jpg

not the smallest ITX case out there but it can take a 240mm rad in the top and a 120mm fan in the front (a 120mm rad might fit as well)

it also supports long dual slot graphics cards and a chunk of harddrives

Why?

The ITX Ryzen boards haven't had the best VRMs because of space issues. If you're watercooling, just go mATX. The difference in case size negligible once you to get into the larger ITX cases.

Welcome to the forum!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I was going to suggest NZXT Manta also, but it is as big as some micro-ATX cases. Unless you're aiming for an epic OC attempt on Ryzen, I would have thought it better to put 120mm on CPU and 240mm on GPU, assuming GPU is a higher end model.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

Why?

The ITX Ryzen boards haven't had the best VRMs because of space issues. If you're watercooling, just go mATX. The difference in case size negligible once you to get into the larger ITX cases.

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly I didn't consider mATX.  Still pretty new to building and assumed ITX was the way to go.  Thanks for the info I'll definitely be looking into it.

I appreciate all the responses here, I have so stuff to think about regarding motherboard size and pros and cons.

This is one of those times i wish the 380T still existed

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

29 minutes ago, Vajra said:

Honestly I didn't consider mATX.  Still pretty new to building and assumed ITX was the way to go.  Thanks for the info I'll definitely be looking into it.

I have an matx board meself, the inwin 301 is a great option (240mm aio at the front intaking and 120 at the back exhausting.  You can even throw 2 120mm in on the bottom for more intake or exhaust.

Take a look at mine, srry for the meh pic quality. 

20170624_210750.jpg

20170624_210733.jpg

20170610_194740.jpg

Quick note, that's my old setup,  I now have a 1070 with a full custom loop.  Will post is this evening.

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Quick note, that's my old setup,  I now have a 1070 with a full custom loop.  Will post is this evening.

Do you think that back exhaust could squeeze in a 120mm rad if the cpu has a waterblock instead of fan cooler?

13 minutes ago, Vajra said:

Do you think that back exhaust could squeeze in a 120mm rad if the cpu has a waterblock instead of fan cooler?

Absolutely, that's what I'll do if my 240 on the front is ever not getting enough heat dissipation. 

15006920502501094786307.thumb.jpg.ff29554ad8c26e655178005e3c84fe88.jpg

4 hours ago, porina said:

I was going to suggest NZXT Manta also, but it is as big as some micro-ATX cases. Unless you're aiming for an epic OC attempt on Ryzen, I would have thought it better to put 120mm on CPU and 240mm on GPU, assuming GPU is a higher end model.

That rad setup would probably be more ideal.  I've yet to come across a GPU with an AIO watercooler over 120mm.  At least in the 1080ti flavor.  That's kind of my issue here, I bought a Aorus 1080ti waterforce with the AIO on the day it came out and have sort of regretted it ever since from the standpoint of changing my build up in the future.

Currently I'm running everything out of an Obsidian 750D because it was on sale at Microcenter and, at the time, i needed the 6 drive bays it comes with.  However, since I built it a little over a month ago I've decided to ditch the drive array for off-site storage and am looking to significantly reduce the size of my build.  So here's where I'm at:

Corsair Obsidian 750D airflow edition

Gigabyte Gaming 5 mobo

Ryzen 7 1800x

w/ Corsair h100i v2 cooler

16gb Corsair Vengeance ram that I've yet to attempt an overclock so running low at like 2100mhz I think

Aorus 1080ti Waterforce AIO Xtreme edition

EVGA 850 G3

5x3tb HDD

1x 850 pro m.2 ssd 500gb flavor

and a bunch of rbg bling

I'm planning to ditch the 5 drives and I want to significantly reduce my systems footprint.  I have considered most options from selling the rig and getting a Corsair One, to going P series open-wall mounted rig, EKWB kits, the works.

I will primarily be using this rig for 1440p 165hz gaming AND streaming.  I am hoping to do this all off of one rig but I do have a little Gigabyte brix with an i7 in it that may do some duty as a streaming box, but would like to avoid that.

I don't necessarily have any interest in overclocking as the card seems to run most games at 1440p with more than acceptable framerates, I suppose the only OC I may need to consider is the CPU when it comes to pulling double duty with gaming and transcoding any stream I might be running.

Budget for making these changes is around 250 in the short term or I can wait and add an EKWB kit in the future to come down to one rad.

So anyway, there's my full conundrum.  Maybe I'll post pics of the rig at some point.

I really appreciate all the responses I've got that have been genuinely helpful, especially considering it was my first post!

Personally I definitely think that the core p1 is freaking amazing but the 301 is my favorite case to build in thus far (I've build atx, itx and matx)

If you want that 301 style while keeping your current motherboard I would check out the 303 and 101.

Also look at fractal designs new line of various tg cases.

1 hour ago, Vajra said:

Yeah I'd definitely take a look at them, Ryzen ITX boards can be very...finicky. The Gigabyte one for example will run too hot unless you use downward blowing CPU coolers (or perhaps if you have a ton of air flow in the case) and they actually don't recommend using a liquid cooler with it at all.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red