A Program to split and record audio from certain games and programs. Does it exist? [OBS Studio in use.]

Melano

I actively stream and want a way to directly record the audio from one source, such as a game I am playing without recording the rest of the sound from my computer. Is there a program for this? It would be so helpful.

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

2 minutes ago, RoryDash said:

Nvidia Shadowplay

Using OBS. Don't want to use something else. Shadowplay proved to be garbage for streaming.

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

38 minutes ago, WereCat said:

virtual audio cable

http://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

there are online guides on how to set it up

I need to isolate the game audio itself. 

13 minutes ago, Melano said:

I need to isolate the game audio itself. 

I know. It should be possible with this. You need to set it up though. I haven't used this program for ages so I can't give you a hint as I am not good with using it but for example if you want to cut Skype audio from game you have to add virtual sources for your Skype audio output (then you must set Skype to use it) which you then set in OBS as different tracks... (game track 1, skype track 2, etc...) and then you simply just select in OBS which tracks to ignore.

Have a look at Voicemeeter banana. (yes, 2 "e"s :) )

It's a software mixer rather than a hardware one. Pretty good and you can link multiple machines with it (using built in VBAN).

You will also need the virtual cables from the same site

It's all donationware.

I paid some money for it because I find it really useful and works really well, but you don't have to donate if you don't want to.

----------------------------
        Weem