Need Info regarding fans (the real info)

So i am working on making my custom radiator for a water cooling setup. For that i will be making my own blades for the fan motors.

I have the following questions i need help with.

For radiator fans i know we need more static pressure. So to increase that pressure what should be done ?

1 Increase/decrease number of blades ?

2 The blades should have more pitch or less pitch ?

3 Also what is their affect on noise.

4 Where is effect n affect used ( i know about then and than but effect and affect still confuses me )

making your own blades... before we go further, how do you plan on doing this?

Just now, manikyath said:

making your own blades... before we go further, how do you plan on doing this?

Thats not an issue at all. I have done it several times before using plastic bottles.

Just now, DIY tech said:

Thats not an issue at all. I have done it several times before using plastic bottles.

here's your answer:

dont bother, anything you will produce in that way will be worse than a simple off the shelf fan.

Unless there is a real reason for making your own fans, I would stick to off the shelf ones. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Just now, manikyath said:

here's your answer:

dont bother, anything you will produce in that way will be worse than a simple off the shelf fan.

I would still love the answers to the questions asked. And as told before i have done it before with great success thats y i have started this thread. In short the thing is feasible i am just trying to optimize it. 

3 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Unless there is a real reason for making your own fans, I would stick to off the shelf ones. 

The reason is money, the size ( i need around 150mm fans ) and that i am a ghetto modder and love to make my own stuff.

1 minute ago, DIY tech said:

The reason is money, the size ( i need around 150mm fans ) and that i am a ghetto modder and love to make my own stuff.

you can get a cheap off the shelf 140mm fan that'll do better and will be cheaper than the parts you need to make it yourself.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jfJwrH/apevia-case-fan-14slrd

If you like to try it yourself, why not try every parameter and see what effect it has and then combine it the way it should add up the best way. Basically copy some good static pressure fan is the best option, analyse it carefully and then adapt it to your fan size

Though simply buying one will probably give you better results as others already stated

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Basically copy some good static pressure fan is the best option, analyse it carefully and then adapt it to your fan size

Thats a good idea. M on it right away 

17 minutes ago, DIY tech said:

Thats a good idea. M on it right away 

PM me if you got your funky config up and running and send me some pics ;)

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

47 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

PM me if you got your funky config up and running and send me some pics ;)

Will take time. I have to finish my RAD first then i have to make an acrylic casing for it. Then will work on the fans. But sure will tag you once done.

So after spending some time i came to a conclusion (might not b perfect) 

Wider blades with least amount gape between them. The gape m talking about is highlighted in the picture.  U have to look directly from front to analyze the gape. ( in reality not in the pic) And its for all the HIGH static pressure fans i have looked at. No matter what the blade shape is this gape is kept minimum for high pressure.

For a 120mm fans 7 blades are good enough. For 140mm either the blades have to be stupid wide or increase the blade count. For 150mm i.e. what i want and the way i make the blades it will be one hell of a task. I really dont like thicker blades BTW.

Please dont expect an update from me soon if someone is interested. I have many other things that i have to do first. ( Just telling so that u dont get angry on me ) 

)123.jpg.fcc1ff24cace58ebe794a67e9f41cb67.jpg

Haha plz come back with some pics of your progress.  I'm really interested now.  Don't care about the why.  What on earth are you going to make the radiator out of?  Copper tubing?  Me thinks this computer will be large.

9 hours ago, haft2doit said:

Haha plz come back with some pics of your progress.  I'm really interested now.  Don't care about the why.  What on earth are you going to make the radiator out of?  Copper tubing?  Me thinks this computer will be large.

hopefully tomorrow first update will hit LTT ;)

18 hours ago, haft2doit said:

Here you go, all the related updates will be posted in the mentioned thread