Name of the guy who hated himself for creating one of the first browser animation format?

The guy said it ruined the internet for everyone and it was the worst thing he ever created (maybe during its 20th or 30th anniversary?I could be totally wrong though.). Could anyone help me with who the guy was and the browser animation that he created? It was just this year that he said that.

The creator of .gifs? Steve wilhite?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

The creator of .gifs? Steve wilhite?

No not gifs.

shockwave flash?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Google it...

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Google it...

I did and this thread came up in the top 6 results, that google bot is on fire tonight.

terms I used:  "first browser animation"

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I did and this thread came up in the top 6 results, that google bot is on fire tonight.

terms I used:  "first browser animation"

I searched it and LTT is not even on the first page, you spend a LOT of time here don't you :)

I searched it and LTT is not even on the first page, you spend a LOT of time here don't you :)

I have a problem  :( 

Google it...

Tried for 15 minutes and nothing at all. Couldn't find the site where he was quoted saying something similar.

Tried for 15 minutes and nothing at all. Couldn't find the site where he was quoted saying something similar.

There three possible outcomes to this conundrum, first is that this person you are talking about does not exist, second the format you are referring to is the .gif, and third that we are all wrong.

There are.... A lot of ways to animate on the internet now. Hell, you can even use HTML5

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

There three possible outcomes to this conundrum, first is that this person you are talking about does not exist, second the format you are referring to is the .gif, and third that we are all wrong.

4 possible outcomes: this could just be a glitch in the matrix.

1st, he does exist.

2nd, It is not the gif, I would remember the format if it was gif and if it IS gif please provide a link where Wilhite is quoted saying that.

3rd, There isn't any wrong or right in this question. Technically there is but if a question like this one appears in an examination, the evaluators themselves would cringe at the vagueness of it. So pardon my vagueness.

I'm fairly certain you are indeed referring to .gif, which afaik was the only way to achieve animated content back in the days. I cannot, however, recall reading about Steve ever stating that it ruined the web for everyone.

Cheers,

Linus

There are.... A lot of ways to animate on the internet now. Hell, you can even use HTML5

It's an old animation format that probably came in the 90s.

I'm fairly certain you are indeed referring to .gif, which afaik was the only way to achieve animated content back in the days. I cannot, however, recall reading about Steve ever stating that it ruined the web for everyone.

NOT the gif.

It's an old animation format that probably came in the 90s.

The first thing that comes to mind then is javascript

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Is this for school? If so I really don't want to help you...

"3rd, There isn't any wrong or right in this question. Technically there is but if a question like this one appears in an examination, the evaluators themselves would cringe at the vagueness of it. So pardon my vagueness."

Marquee? LOL

I7-2600k (back to stock lol) + Noctua NH-D14 | Asus GTX 560 DC | Asus P8Z68 V/GEN3 | G.Skill RipjawsX 1333 Mhz 2x4 GB

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer | ThermalTake ToughPower Grand 750W | LG IPS237L | Razer BlackWidow 2013 | Razer Electra

[WD Caviar Blue 500 GB | Hitachi 260 GB | Seagate 120 GB | Toshiba 300 GB] <Generic mousepad & a wireless Logitech mouse T_T>

Is this for school? If so I really don't want to help you...

"3rd, There isn't any wrong or right in this question. Technically there is but if a question like this one appears in an examination, the evaluators themselves would cringe at the vagueness of it. So pardon my vagueness."

No it's an example. I'm too old for school.

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

The only other non-movie animated image on computers previous to .gif was the PCX format, for Mac and later DOS.

If you are not thinking about that, then you are definitely talking about .gif.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ