First gaming mouse suggestion

IAmAndre

Hi,

All my life I've been using a mouse and keyboard only for strategy games, I've been using a controller for all the other genres. I'm slowly trying to get used to using a mouse and keyboard with Titanfall 2. I'm not having a bad experience so far but I really need to upgrade my mouse. So far I've been only using regular mice like €10 Logitech wireless model.

So after playing TF2 I've noticed a two things:

- There's no vibration ! I'm so used to this when gaming, are there vibrating mice (I assume they would make a lot of noise if they aren't on a thick mousepad).

- I need more than 2 buttons.

I'm not going to spend a lot of money on peripherals since I'm just trying to get used to M+KB, so I'm really looking for something elegant, preferably of the Logitech brand to go along with my keyboard but it's OK if the brand is different. I really insist on the fact that it has to be elegant, though I don't RGB or anything like that. I don't care if it's wireless or not.

Thanks

I have the razer deathadder elite and i love it. It has like 7 buttons, but four are on the mouse wheel so it isn't that bulky. And also if you have larger hands the deathadder is perfect. 

no vibration on most mouse

i recommend you try either a mechanical keyboard from linus's $35 keyboard roundup (i think one is good, right?) or buying a devastator 2 kb/m combo (the keyboard is really nice, i had one before) 

why do you want more than 2 buttons? in all games, you only need two buttons, left and right click. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 minutes ago, themctipers said:

i recommend you try either a mechanical keyboard from linus's $35 keyboard roundup (i think one is good, right?) or buying a devastator 2 kb/m combo (the keyboard is really nice, i had one before) 

why do you want more than 2 buttons? in all games, you only need two buttons, left and right click. 

In alot of games, it is very beneficial to bind commands onto side buttons on our mouse. ex: in csgo i have my mic key bound to one of the side buttons on my mouse. Instead of having to reach over to my keyboard, I can keep my hand on my mouse and just move my thumb to activate my mic. 

Just now, HZapperz said:

I have the razer deathadder elite and i love it. It has like 7 buttons, but four are on the mouse wheel so it isn't that bulky. And also if you have larger hands the deathadder is perfect. 

Just now, jordzzzz95 said:

I rate the Razer Deathadder, Its very comfortable, performs brilliantly & looks great

Thanks I think I'll go for this one. It seems to be very popular online. However there are many fake versions on eBay for $20, that means more research on the seller is required before buying.

Just now, IAmAndre said:

Thanks I think I'll go for this one. It seems to be very popular online. However there are many fake versions on eBay for $20, that means more research on the seller is required before buying.

You can buy it new from amazon or bestbuy for 60$

Just now, themctipers said:

Just now, HZapperz said:

In alot of games, it is very beneficial to bind commands onto side buttons on our mouse. ex: in csgo i have my mic key bound to one of the side buttons on my mouse. Instead of having to reach over to my keyboard, I can keep my hand on my mouse and just move my thumb to activate my mic. 

A simple use that came to my mind while playing is throwing grenades.

Just now, HZapperz said:

for the mic button, i just use alt

my left hand is already on shift/a/w/d/space, ill just move my thumb a bit to the left to talk, which is infrequent.

i seriously have no use for the extra buttons lol

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, HZapperz said:

You can buy it new from amazon or bestbuy for 60$

I don't live in the US, so eBay is my goto platform.

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

A simple use that came to my mind while playing is throwing grenades.

true i guess, cs grenade throwing is BROKE.

but im silver, just flash our own team while rushing 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Logitech G502 is a nearly perfect mouse.  It doesn't matter whether you get the Proteus Core or the Proteus Spectrum.  The Proteus Spectrum just has RGB whereas the Proteus Core does not.

Just now, lilbman said:

Logitech G502 is a nearly perfect mouse.  It doesn't matter whether you get the Proteus Core or the Proteus Spectrum.  The Proteus Spectrum just has RGB whereas the Proteus Core does not.

Good reviews online, but not elegant at all!

2 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Good reviews online, but not elegant at all!

The G703 is pretty 'elegant'.  It would work best with that wireless charging pad though.

Just now, lilbman said:

The G703 is pretty 'elegant'.  It would work best with that wireless charging pad though.

It is elegant, but more expensive than the Razer. I'd rather save money and buy a wired mouse.

19 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

It is elegant, but more expensive than the Razer. I'd rather save money and buy a wired mouse.

You can use it in wired mode too.  It comes with a cable.  I owned a Razer Deathadder and it broke within 4 months of using it.  It just stopped working. 

4 hours ago, lilbman said:

I second the G502. Excellent mouse. Although I would recommend giving a look at the G700s. I think they discontinued it, but you can still find it for sale and it is a wired/wireless hybrid. It's a bigger mouse, but I like that. Plus, it doesn;t have so many buttons that it feels overwhelming.

I mean, I would like to recommend the best mouse ever, the Logitech G9x (may she rest in peace). But Logitech stopped making that model a very long time ago and the ones that are left are crazy expensive.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

4 hours ago, HZapperz said:

I always need the most buttons on my mice :)

I have the Logitech G602, and can strongly reccomend it. It's a very good wireless mouse with inperceivable input lag, and lasts very long in terms of battery life. Sorry for being a walking advertisement, but it's 50% off on Amazon...

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

The Steelseries Rival 700 has a haptic feedback thing on the thumb which is as close as you're gonna get to vibration in a mouse although it is a heavy mouse

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

5 hours ago, Rupe said:

The Steelseries Rival 700 has a haptic feedback thing on the thumb which is as close as you're gonna get to vibration in a mouse although it is a heavy mouse

Interesting. But it's over my budget. I'm considering getting the 100 though since it's cheaper than the Razer model.

if you're still taking recommendations, the logitech g403 is a very good shape for most hands. wired or wireless is very good, or if you want to go for the wireless charging pad thingy, go for the g703 (i think thats the updated g403?)

the sky is up

26 minutes ago, Richtofen The Hyena said:

if you're still taking recommendations, the logitech g403 is a very good shape for most hands. wired or wireless is very good, or if you want to go for the wireless charging pad thingy, go for the g703 (i think thats the updated g403?)

Wow this could be the perfect mouse, but for now the Steelseries Rival 100 can be found at $20 less so I think I'll go for it.

+1 for G502. I've had bad experiences with two DeathAdders, but maybe they've improved the build quality and quality control since the 2013 model...

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend the Logitech G502. When I first started looking for mice, it didn't take me long to settle on that one. It is very ergonomic (perhaps ever so slightly smaller than I would like) and I can use it for hours on end without hand cramping.

It has three easy to access buttons on the side that can be quickly pressed by your thumb. You can also use left and right on the scroll wheel which brings you to five buttons and seven if you count up and down on the scroll wheel. Between all these buttons, I usually have almost enough for my FPS games. I usually only have to rely on one or two extra buttons on the keyboard. 

You can also store three different profiles and quickly change between them with the push of a button on the mouse. Changing DPI is super easy as well as there are dedicated buttons for that. Finally, there is a button that will switch the scroll wheel from the clicky feel to a free flowing one. It's great for when you want to scroll really far down a page quickly.

It does have a little bit of a "gamer look" but it is very mild compared to others. It's mostly black so it kind of just looks aggressive instead of flamboyant. It has a little lip on the bottom (the part with the blue) that works amazingly well for resting your thumb.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that it has a weight system that can be easily swapped so you can get the ideal feel. And the software is really easy to use and offers some nice features, like the ability to calibrate the mouse to the surface you are using it on.

Anyway, I highly recommend it. It's great for both gaming and productivity. It is also pretty well built and feels solid in the hand.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g502-proteus-spectrum-rgb-gaming-mouse

You said you buy on eBay and I see it going for under $50 so I would definitely check it out.