Samsung Guy at BestBuy trash talks...

pit5000

The samsung rep at my local BestBuy was talking to a customer and I happen to overhear them. He was bashing apple customers as fanboys who love the company and will always buy only apple stuff. He also insists that everybody he knows who had iPhones and tried android always switched to android and stays there. I understand it's his job to sell a product, but that is obviously a lie.

I know there are some fanboys out there, but they buy the products because they love the products, not the company as he claims. I buy them because i have small hands and i like their design and the overall experience. I happen to like android stuff too, but I can only have one phone so I made a choice.

Later on, he tries to play the "spec sheet game" but fails at it completely. He told the customer that the iPhone only has a 5MP camera, which is completely false unless he was talking about 3 years ago, but since he was comparing that to the Galaxy Note 3's 13MP..., he was either lying or uninformed. 

I know these forums have a huge anti-anything-apple community, but what do you guys think about the all lying that comes from sales people, in this case and in general?

Considering I know a lot about those phones/tablets and their competition I could do a better job selling them without lying and actually being honest! Imagine that, an honest sales rep.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

In general any sales person no matter what they are selling cannot be trusted.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You realize they're simply not paid enough to care right?

i can understand he might not care, but I felt insulted over his fanboy comments, he pretty much grouped me into the iSheep catagory..., must be part of the new samsung training manual

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

In general any sales person no matter what they are selling cannot be trusted.

especially the religious salespeople 

Error: 410

They are just trying to sell their products. That's why whenever I have to get something from Best Buy I politely ignore the sales people.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

The worst part is, there are Samsung fanboys now...and they are as the aforementioned apple fanboys.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

The people who are hired at places like Best Buy are the ones who can easily be brainwashed into giving people exaggerated or false information in order to make a sale.  Best Buy clearly doesn't care about informing the consumer; if a sales rep can convince a non-techie mom to buy a machine with a Core i7 and 16GB RAM for use as a facebook machine, he will.  That's more money in his pocket (assuming sales reps work on commission, but I don't know for sure).

The best we can do is urge people to steer clear of such places and buy elsewhere.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I buy them because i have small hands and i like their design and the overall experience. I happen to like android stuff too, but I can only have one phone so I made a choice.

Same, word for word.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

The people who are hired at places like Best Buy are the ones who can easily be brainwashed into giving people exaggerated or false information in order to make a sale.  Best Buy clearly doesn't care about informing the consumer; if a sales rep can convince a non-techie mom to buy a machine with a Core i7 and 16GB RAM for use as a facebook machine, he will.  That's more money in his pocket (assuming sales reps work on commission, but I don't know for sure).

The best we can do is urge people to steer clear of such places and buy elsewhere.

this was a samsung rep. I'm talking about. It's one of those store in the store things, right next to them was the Google reps and their table, 20ft away was the Apple table and at the wall 40 feet away was the microsoft section...

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I don't think it really matters. If you're not smart enough to do your due diligence and read around for specs, if you're lied to about a product by a sales rep, and don't know it, your fault. Just like if you walk across a street without looking both ways, and are hit by a car.

You didn't do what you're supposed to do and you suffer for it.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this was a samsung rep. I'm talking about. It's one of those store in the store things, right next to them was the Google reps and their table, 20ft away was the Apple table and at the wall 40 feet away was the microsoft section...

Yeah, but I was generalizing.  I feel the same applies regardless of employer or brand.  Whether it's a Samsung rep bashing Apple or an Intel rep bashing AMD or whatever the case may be, sales reps are there to make sales, not to help the consumers choose the most appropriate devices for their needs.  I'm sure people hired as sales reps need to have no reservations about doing a bit of bashing of the competition in order to make a sale.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Well in that case, he is obviously under pressure and is resorting to product bashing to sell his own. Probably on commission or something. Just forget about it, happens all the time.

I don't think it really matters. If you're not smart enough to do your due diligence and read around for specs, if you're lied to about a product by a sales rep, and don't know it, your fault. Just like if you walk across a street without looking both ways, and are hit by a car.

You didn't do what you're supposed to do and you suffer for it.

people can sue each other over this crap tho. If a sales guy gives false info and a customer were to make a purchase based on those false facts and suffers monetary loses due to the fact that it's was not as he had hoped and had proof that he was lied to, the customer can sue the retailer for those monetary losses.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

people can sue each other over this crap tho. If a sales guy gives false info and a customer were to make a purchase based on those false facts and suffers monetary loses due to the fact that it's was not as he had hoped and had proof that he was lied to, the customer can sue the retailer for those monetary losses.

I don't really care, people all act like children nowadays. A real adult doesn't lie over something as little as this, nor does a real adult make a purchase without proper information.

Everyone who gets offended cries 'sue'. The world has a lot of growing up to do.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree and disagree with the Samsung rep. There's fanboys that do blatantly buy whatever X company pushes out, no matter what it is. I have many friends that buy Apple products because it's Apple, I'm not kidding.

Then there are the people who buy Apple products because it's simple, or they love the design, or the warranty, etc. So the Samsung rep isn't exactly lying, but he is stretching it, a lot.

My aunt recently switch from her iPhone 4s to a Note 3. She loves it and she says it's much simpler than the iPhone(which baffled me), but hey that's her view and her use case, Android comes naturally to her.