How much is the Macbook pro 2016 15.6 Inch worth in your opinion

Hi everyone, I'm looking into buying an almost new (open box) of a 2016 MacBook pro 15" with touch bar. (256gb config) I can get a really good price on it (still to be confirmed). 

What would be the maximum you would pay for this MacBook. General opinions. 

And how much do you think in "windows laptop value" is the MacBook pro 2016 worth. 

don't hesitate to give really low prices. I'm just curious to know what this forum think of the "true" worth of a 15" MacBook pro. 

nope, if you want a 15 inch MacBook, try to find a 2015 15 inch with a DGPU. 

16 minutes ago, Halo Spartan128 said:

And how much do you think in "windows laptop value" is the MacBook pro 2016 worth. 

that will depend on so many factors, its competitor would be XPS 15, so 1500- 2000$ would be a good price. 

22 minutes ago, Halo Spartan128 said:

What would be the maximum you would pay for this MacBook. General opinions. 

Not more than $1700 tbh. If that's the case, I'll go for the 13" MBP without touchbar and have it configured to have 16 GB of memory and 256 GB SSD. I think what makes the MacBook Pro expensive at the moment is that NVMe SSD and they get the spare parts are priced higher when it's Apple the one buying.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Maybe around $1600-$1700? Lower if condition is bad

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Awesome thank you for your opinions guys! I'm in canada so i converted the prices you gave me and i think i can get something similar or lower

9 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

nope, if you want a 15 inch MacBook, try to find a 2015 15 inch with a DGPU. 

that will depend on so many factors, its competitor would be XPS 15, so 1500- 2000$ would be a good price. 

Its needs to be lower than a new XPS for me to buy it. :P And theres also a little bit scratched up macbook pro 15" 2015 i could get. 

9 hours ago, DocSwag said:

It was a best buy demo so i have alot of margin to negotiate :') Its in good shape but still. 

9 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Not more than $1700 tbh. If that's the case, I'll go for the 13" MBP without touchbar and have it configured to have 16 GB of memory and 256 GB SSD. I think what makes the MacBook Pro expensive at the moment is that NVMe SSD and they get the spare parts are priced higher when it's Apple the one buying.

I can also get a 13" with touchbar. (8gb 256gb ) how much would you pay for that? :)

Sorry for the mega answer im on mobile and on a rush ^^ 

Thank you all again!

Just now, Halo Spartan128 said:

theres also a little bit scratched up macbook pro 15" 2015 i could get. 

i would get that, if you can negotiate for a good price.  

20 hours ago, DocSwag said:

I may be able to get lower but right now the offer on the 15" 2016 256gb is 2000$ CAD so 1588$ US. I would like to be able to get it for 1500$ CAD ( 1200$USD) but i might only be able to get 1700$ CAD (1350$ USD)

10 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i would get that, if you can negotiate for a good price.  

The price is not that great for the 2015 model. (only 400$ less than the 2016) 

The 2016 is almost brand new (never really used) is 2000$ cad (1588$ USD) but i can probably lower it to 1700$ cad(1350$ USD)  

2 hours ago, Halo Spartan128 said:

I may be able to get lower but right now the offer on the 15" 2016 256gb is 2000$ CAD so 1588$ US. I would like to be able to get it for 1500$ CAD ( 1200$USD) but i might only be able to get 1700$ CAD (1350$ USD)

Oh I was thinking more in USD when I said that xD 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Yeah that's why i clarified :P 

@DocSwag @hey_yo_ I got a 13" 256gb Touch bar macbook pro in good condition. (Only a couple of little scratches on the bottom of the laptop)

I got it for 1200$ CAD (955$ USD) 

How do you feel about that price? :P 

1 minute ago, Halo Spartan128 said:

@DocSwag @hey_yo_ I got a 13" 256gb Touch bar macbook pro in good condition. (Only a couple of little scratches on the bottom of the laptop)

But I want that 16 GB RAM so I'd pick a brand new from Apple so the non toucbar mbp for me ☺️

18 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

But I want that 16 GB RAM so I'd pick a brand new from Apple so the non toucbar mbp for me ☺️

I already have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with 16gb/1050ti/512nvme/4k IPS 

I just really wanted to be able to use final cut plug a eGPU when i'm home and learn OS X :P 

Also 13" was better because i already have a 15" ^^

8 minutes ago, Halo Spartan128 said:

I just really wanted to be able to use final cut plug a eGPU when i'm home and learn OS X :P 

To be honest, FCP X works well even on an iGPU. If there's one thing Apple is good at is optimizing hardware and software. Not even a gaming PC with i7-6700K and Adobe Premiere can compete with a ULV i7 on a 2015 MacBook Pro with FCP when it comes to rendering and exporting. 

3 hours ago, Halo Spartan128 said:

That's a reallllyyyyy good deal. That's worth like $1700 new...

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Not sure how much it is worth it. 

If you have enough cash, go for the 15 inch one. Otherwise , the 13 inch non touchbar is cheaper and I think it is already powerful enough for the tasks you wanna do. Besides you already have a powerful windows laptop. 

I am using one right now and it is snappy af. 

About "how much does it really worth it", i have no idea how to give you an answer. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

That's a reallllyyyyy good deal. That's worth like $1700 new...

Yeah i'm happy :P Even apple refurbished is 500$ CAD more expansive than that. I got it for almost 50% basically. 

14 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Not sure how much it is worth it. 

If you have enough cash, go for the 15 inch one. Otherwise , the 13 inch non touchbar is cheaper and I think it is already powerful enough for the tasks you wanna do. Besides you already have a powerful windows laptop. 

I am using one right now and it is snappy af. 

About "how much does it really worth it", i have no idea how to give you an answer. 

Snappy af i approve. :P