Windows 10 DVD Install -Ryzen

Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
18 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

So, new Ryzen-powered PC build is going fine until...Windows 10 OEM DVD doesn't load.

I select the DVD drive, boot in UEFI and the logo comes up. The first dot (of that spinning circle) comes up and it Micky Mouses... nothing moves. The DVD drive stops spinning and worst of all, after being allowed to sit for over 10 minutes, no error code or anything.

I cannot seem to find any other Forum or resource that discusses this particular problem. I have unplugged all peripherals and even remove a stick of RAM in case the issue is coming from elsewhere. I have yet to find a solution.

The DVD drive in question is good. I use it on my other PC (it is a usb dvd drive). 

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm completely stumped.

Well I had basically the same issue. I would get to the windows loading with the spinning circle and it would freeze. Couldn't for the life of me figure it out until I realized one of my sticks or ram was not fully in the ram slot. I don't know if it's the same issue for you but it sure sounds like it.

So, new Ryzen-powered PC build is going fine until...Windows 10 OEM DVD doesn't load.

I select the DVD drive, boot in UEFI and the logo comes up. The first dot (of that spinning circle) comes up and it Micky Mouses... nothing moves. The DVD drive stops spinning and worst of all, after being allowed to sit for over 10 minutes, no error code or anything.

I cannot seem to find any other Forum or resource that discusses this particular problem. I have unplugged all peripherals and even remove a stick of RAM in case the issue is coming from elsewhere. I have yet to find a solution.

The DVD drive in question is good. I use it on my other PC (it is a usb dvd drive). 

This is the Craft of PC Building. Mastered. #AshlarPC

5 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

Turn secure boot off and allow for booting from USB and, if the option is given to you for USB boot settings, make sure UEFI is opted first.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

18 minutes ago, Omnislash89 said:

Well I had basically the same issue. I would get to the windows loading with the spinning circle and it would freeze. Couldn't for the life of me figure it out until I realized one of my sticks or ram was not fully in the ram slot. I don't know if it's the same issue for you but it sure sounds like it.

19 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Have you tried installing via USB thumb drive instead of CD?

It's possible the media is damaged. You can get the media creation tool from microsoft for free:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I tried loading the dvd from my desktop on my other pc but i believe it began attempting to upgrade me rather than entering the setup menu.

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

Thank you for the suggestion. Removed the (other) stick and resat the dimm. Even though the bios recognized it, it must not have been set completely. A scholar and a gentleman!

Just now, Omnislash89 said:

Thank you for the suggestion. Removed the (other) stick and resat the dimm. Even though the bios recognized it, it must not have been set completely. A scholar and a gentleman!

yeah it sounded exactly like what was happening to me so I figured there was a good chance it was the same issue. spent like 5 hours trying to figure it out until my friend nagged me into double checking that the ram was in correctly. glad I could save you the headache of trying to check everything a thousand times.