1080p vs 4k in laptops, how it affects battery life?

msammy93

Do 4k laptop screens use more battery life. I ended up purchashing a dell 7567 with the 1080p IPS becuase I wanted to max out battery life, however If the 4k screen does not use that much more battery life I am thinking of returning it and purchasing the 4k model instead after hearing everyone rave about 4k screens in reviews.

Also, is the 4k screen worth it for me? I game very little and mainly watch youtube, do some coding, and do work in unity sometimes.

4K does drain battery life significantly faster. Unless you are doing video or photo editing, I would stick to 1080p

18 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

4K does drain battery life significantly faster. Unless you are doing video or photo editing, I would stick to 1080p

This claim is incorrect. Evidence is shown in the video at 2:57

Another thing. If you had gone with the 4k Laptop, you could still use 1080p resolution by switching to it in settings. 

On 7/27/2017 at 3:53 PM, defcat4 said:

This claim is incorrect. Evidence is shown in the video at 2:57

Another thing. If you had gone with the 4k Laptop, you could still use 1080p resolution by switching to it in settings. 

Linus meant changing resolution from native 4k to 1080p wouldn't save much and it is true becuz you are still powering all the pixels. I contacted dell and was told the 4k model uses more battery power and has a larger power connector to support it so I cannot add a 4k screen to my 1080p model.

• 3 years later...
On 7/27/2017 at 2:52 AM, Max_Settings said:

what about 1440p now?