PC Building Simulator

Chimi
Go to solution Solved by SCHISCHKA,

Trying to insert RAM the wrong way will not make it vibrate and clang until it vanishes through a wall

wow. journalist needs to re-take high school physics.

The Internet is littered with stories and pictures from people who spread thermal paste on a CPU’s pins or whacked a motherboard in without standoffs, frying their expensive hardware.

if i was in the business of hardware sales i would think this level of stupidity would be good for business.

I hope there’s a mac version

best troll in the comment section

Wait its coming out of beta? 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

this has been mentioned quite a while back, and IMO, if its more than like a tenner.. why not just go to an office surplus shop and buy a pile of hardware for next to nothing?

Just now, manikyath said:

this has been mentioned quite a while back, and IMO, if its more than like a tenner.. why not just go to an office surplus shop and buy a pile of hardware for next to nothing?

Guess it’s for people like me where the nearest one is 400+ miles away

Just looks like a polished version of the Cisco IT Essentials Virtual Desktop thingy. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Trying to insert RAM the wrong way will not make it vibrate and clang until it vanishes through a wall

The Internet is littered with stories and pictures from people who spread thermal paste on a CPU’s pins or whacked a motherboard in without standoffs, frying their expensive hardware.

if i was in the business of hardware sales i would think this level of stupidity would be good for business.

I hope there’s a mac version

best troll in the comment section

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

6 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Does it teach you anything beyond putting it together?

Because honestly, building the PC itself is the most straightforward part of the process. It's everything around it (researching, troubleshooting, etc) that's more useful to learn about.

There's a "campaign" which teaches your troubleshooting

My life

I'm questioning the available commands I'd have in that game...

*pick up screwdriver

*swear loudly

*forget to install I/O shield

*disconnect everything and start over because the damn PSU is upside down

*forget to install GPU in Ryzen system

*panic when said Ryzen system has no display

*drink beer

*manage cables

*manage cables again

*disconnect all cables and start over because your cable management sucks

*manage cables

*sit on back panel to close case

*cut finger on drive cage

*go to hospital to treat blood loss from cutting so many fingers on the drive cage

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Thread moved to PC gaming since it does not meet Tech News and Reviews guidelines

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the  :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

13 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Not sure if sarcasm, but I think what Alice was going for was that this is not Surgeon Simulator or Goat Simulator applied to PC building, as the name might suggest to those familiar with the trash Pewdie-bait gaming scene.

1 minute ago, typographie said:

Not sure if sarcasm, but I think what Alice was going for was that this is not Surgeon Simulator or Goat Simulator applied to PC building, as the name might suggest to those familiar with the trash Pewdie-bait gaming scene.

I am not twelve enough for that scene

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_