Does mobo have 3 pin fan headers?

CyberFern0

Does the MSI x299 Gaming m7 Ack even have 3 pin fan headers?

It's not very clear with it in the specs and overview

Just now, NoobCase said:

You can use 3 pin fans on 4 pin headers. The forth pin only carries the pwm signal. The 3 others are the same as on the 3 pin headers

what is pwm signal

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

so i won't be able to control the speed of hte fan that's bad isn't it

4 pin fans are better

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

Asus motherboards lets you control 3 pin fans with the dc voltage. The others have done the same by now as well. You just have to set wether or not you want the fan header to be pwm or voltage controlled in the bios.

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

you will ... though you might have to manually set the fan to voltage controlled instead of PWM controlled in bios ... 

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

you will ... though you might have to manually set the fan to voltage controlled instead of PWM controlled in bios ... 

2 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Asus motherboards lets you control 3 pin fans with the dc voltage. The others have done the same by now as well. You just have to set wether or not you want the fan header to be pwm or voltage controlled in the bios.

can i control the speed via sentry 3? fan controller

yes :) spec sheet state it's combatible with 3 and 4 pin fans.

AWESOME

so that means ill be able to use the af120s and that af140

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

AWESOME

so that means ill be able to use the af120s and that af140

yes. I think you will be able to even without the sentry 3 fan controller by just plugging the fans into your motherboard headers. It should say wether or not your motherboard can regulate dc voltage on the fan headers somewhere in the product documentation... look at the box it came in and the manual.

yes. I think you will be able to even without the sentry 3 fan controller by just plugging the fans into your motherboard headers. It should say wether or not your motherboard can regulate dc voltage on the fan headers somewhere in the product documentation... look at the box it came in and the manual.

using the sentry will be MUCH easier

do you recommend these splitters and hub

https://www.amazon.com/JBtek-Black-Sleeved-Splitter-Converter/dp/B00OZ10FI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501098960&sr=8-1&keywords=jbtek+all+black+sleeved+pwm+fan+splitter+cable+1+to+2+converter

https://www.amazon.com/DeepCool-FAN-HUB-Cooler-Powers/dp/B008YD7B0M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501098983&sr=8-1&keywords=deepcool+fan+hub

2 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

prolly is... ;) but also cost a lot more than a free feature likely to be on your motherboard :)

I have no personal experience with those splitters or the hub. But I'm 99% sure they will do just fine.

3 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

prolly is... ;) but also cost a lot more than a free feature likely to be on your motherboard :)

I have no personal experience with those splitters or the hub. But I'm 99% sure they will do just fine.

ok

Pro tip. Take a look at mobo manual if you want to find out truth behind marketing. I would say as top end board it has all true PWM headers, but you can control both 3pin/DC and PWM fans with both BIOS and software. Whether control of 3pins is very good, idk. Last MSI board I've used is Z97.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv