Came home from Vecation... Res bustet in half... PC soaked... nice... NOT

Hey guys,

I had a really nice tip to Croatia... but came home to this:

Spoiler

IMG_9888.thumb.JPG.f6d3f2477b71699500016c5541e627b9.JPGIMG_9887.thumb.JPG.8944c8fdc1c0b43a107c6115114f5353.JPG

This is an OCOOL Eisbecher 150ml...

Does annyone have a idea how this could have happened?

I did mount it with the EK Res mounting kit, but i am sure to not haveput it under to much pressure....

Now my both 290s are soaked and in a bag of rice .....

wish me luck xD

just wanted to share this guys... dont buy OCOOL Res annymore!

I am pissed...

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪

Wow I hope u had a good vacation to make up for such a tragic accident my heart cries out for u best of luck with your system

Too much pressure and wrong mounting ... that's what caused it.

Why are fans still spinning? Did you leave your PC on while you were on vacations? I won't do that even if I have air cooling and nothing can go wrong with that ... there is still possible for thunder to hit your house and fry your PC.

But leaving water cooled PC on for a week and going on vacations ... doesn't sound great xD

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill聽3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, Simon771 said:

Why are fans still spinning? Did you leave your PC on while you were on vacations? I won't do that even if I have air cooling and nothing can go wrong with that ... there is still possible for thunder to hit your house and fry your PC.

But leaving water cooled PC on for a week and going on vacations ... doesn't sound great xD

I hid my PC and monitors in the Attic while on vacation so ppl don't steel my shit

23 minutes ago, riferaft said:

I hid my PC and monitors in the Attic while on vacation so ppl don't steel my shit

Incorrect mounting / too much pressure, or something in your attic decided to make a meal out of the reservoir.

Hence why I never move my computer unless going to a LAN party. I'm currently in the process of getting an all around security system for the room where I store my computer, including cameras, motion sensors and seismic alarm sensors for the two windows. Call me crazy but I'm probably expanding it to the entire house.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

31 minutes ago, riferaft said:

I don't go that extreme xD

I just unplug everything from the wall so it doesn't get fried if lighting hit in my house.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill聽3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Yikes! As long as the GPUs were power off the entire time they were wet, they're probs okay.聽

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts:聽Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread

Main PC

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset聽

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads聽

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark聽

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block

Storage:聽 1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo聽

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40聽

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2聽

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x聽Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM

Display:聽LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

So you mounted it with the top mount only while letting the lower half of the res and pump hang from the top mount?

How hot does you attic get?

The mount metal heating up + mounting pressure, I would imagine its like cutting a glass bottle with a hot wire. Probably too hot in the attic.

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

Mining xD......

53 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

So you mounted it with the top mount only while letting the lower half of the res and pump hang from the top mount?

How hot does you attic get?

nono the bottom mount is also attached. Pump is a different unit (Aquacomputer Aquastream ULTI)

1 hour ago, Hiitchy said:

Incorrect mounting / too much pressure, or something in your attic decided to make a meal out of the reservoir.

Hence why I never move my computer unless going to a LAN party. I'm currently in the process of getting an all around security system for the room where I store my computer, including cameras, motion sensors and seismic alarm sensors for the two windows. Call me crazy but I'm probably expanding it to the entire house.

Hmmmm I am using DP ultra from Aquacomputer... what exactly do you mean with incorrect mounting? :(

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪