Is the PS4 Pro worth it for me?

PackYourBaggins
14 minutes ago, RelentlessN7 said:

The one place where PlayStation is lacking is backwards compatibility. Xbox is doing great with its backwards compatibility. I shouldn't have to buy a PS3 to play Demon's Souls, but it looks like I may have to.

I think there is no way these crappy Jaguar cores in the PS4 could emulate the Cell, so backwards compatibility in software wouldn't be doable. But Sony has a good PS2 emulator for the PS4 that they have used in their PS2 re-releases.

10 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I think there is no way these crappy Jaguar cores in the PS4 could emulate the Cell, so backwards compatibility in software wouldn't be doable. But Sony has a good PS2 emulator for the PS4 that they have used in their PS2 re-releases.

Well, the Xbox One can do a dual-issue tri-core processor pretty well. So I don't think it's far off to do the Cell if they can emulate the functionality properly.

But I don't think they'll do it since they have PS Now.

7 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well, the Xbox One can do a dual-issue tri-core processor pretty well. So I don't think it's far off to do the Cell if they can emulate the functionality properly.

But I don't think they'll do it since they have PS Now.

I think if they could emulate the PS3 in software they would, just like they do with the PS2 games released for PS4. It would probably be a lot cheaper for Sony to offer a service like what Microsoft has announced where you can download the games as opposed to having real PS3 hardware streaming games.