which rx????

Techky Guy

is the rx 560 good for me or the rx 470 and remember i wil only buy one of these two so no else names of graphics card like gtx or other ( i have a core i7)

What's your budget, monitor you're using/planning on using, your use-case etc.? We will need some more info fam.

Ryzen is pretty cool I guess

i have all the things just gonna upgrade the graphics card??? so what is the one u suggest

6 minutes ago, Techky Guy said:

is the rx 560 good for me or the rx 470 and remember i wil only buy one of these two so no else names of graphics card like gtx or other ( i have a core i7)

RX580>570>=480>470>560>460>550

From 470 upwards, they are all great value GPU for FullHD. Below 470, they are pretty much just %$"!$ products.

10 minutes ago, Techky Guy said:

if those are the only two options, the 470 is much faster than the 560. the 500 series polaris cards are literally just overclocked versions of the 400 series polaris cards. So a 470 (which you can overclock to roughly 570 performance levels) is going to beat any 560 on the market (since its essentially just an overclocked 460)

470 would be better than the 560.

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

pretty much because the way AMD has done it 460=560 and 470=570, because of that the 470 will be faster, as general rule the higher the last two numbers are the faster it is, and show where in the product stand it stands. there are exceptions like they need to be the same generation, but 5th gen is just a refined 4th so the rule can stand. if your trying to compare across generations then that's a lot harder, and you want to use benchmarks for that. A good place to look for them is userbenchmark, as that is benchmarks from computers in a more realistic environment (normal people upload their scores onto it rather than just reviewers)

(5 series cards slightly faster but for this explanation it doesn't matter, because the difference in speed is not massive enough to make this un true)

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

14 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

if those are the only two options, the 470 is much faster than the 560. the 500 series polaris cards are literally just overclocked versions of the 400 series polaris cards. So a 470 (which you can overclock to roughly 570 performance levels) is going to beat any 560 on the market (since its essentially just an overclocked 460)

Nah they unlocked like 2 more cores or something too lol. 

Anyway the 470 is the much better card and much better value. Duknow why you are pairing one with an I7 but sure it's the better card

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Nah they unlocked like 2 more cores or something too lol

No. they're exactly identical. 500 series just comes with faster stock core frequency and memory frequency. that's it.

http://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/radeon-rx-580

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/radeon-rx-series/radeon-rx-480

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

No. they're exactly identical. 500 series just comes with faster stock core frequency and memory frequency. that's it.

http://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/radeon-rx-580

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/radeon-rx-series/radeon-rx-480

I thought the 580 had more shit unlocked in the core too? Probably just me remembering some launch rumors then? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

42 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I thought the 580 had more shit unlocked in the core too? Probably just me remembering some launch rumors then? 

I linked you the specs for a reason. if you can find something that is different which isn't listed there then by all means let me know, but on paper they're identical.