Is it possible to find out how well a build you DON'T have can run games/programs?

6you7me

Okay, so I know about websites such as canyourunit.com that allow you to find out if you can run certain games by scanning your hardware. However, is there an application or something that can allow you to find out how well a build you DO NOT have can run games? For example, here is the entry-level rig I want to purchase and build: 

Motherboard:  Biostar A55MD2 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory:  Team Xtreem Dark Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card:  Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($35.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($19.99 @ Microcenter) 
Total: $379.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-27 12:55 EST-0500)

I want to know how well it can run games such as Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Metro: Last Light, etc. Also, if you have any suggestions for replacements for the build I wanna purchase, it'd be appreciated! I have a budget of about $400. I have quite a few games sitting in my Steam account I can't play on the laptop I use, which is mainly why I want to know if it's possible to find out how well I can run games.
Thanks!

Look at the benchmarks for the 7790, most other parts will make next to no difference assuming they aren't bottlenecking.

Spoiler

I think gamedebate Can rate your hardware for certain games but doesn't say what fps you can get.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

hey,

generally for gaming benchmarks, it is easiest to google for what results people got when running that particular card on which ever games you're interested in seeing. Linus does many of these types of videos and most likely has a video for any card you might be interested in.

In terms of CPUs for great gaming builds any in the intel i5 range (4650k being the best choice)/ AMD fx8000 series are a good place to aim for. You can however, game using the lower tier CPUs like the i3 CPUs but they will definitely produce "bottlenecks", especially in the "next gen" up-coming AAA titled games. The Athlon x4 CPU should do you fine, if you want to keep things "on the cheap budget".

However, on the graphics side, you can't really cheap out on one and expect a decent high fps and a great visual experience. I doubt the 7790 will give you an enjoyable experience at 1080p. sure, you will most likely have to turn down most of the textures and will suffer more, as appose to investing in a slightly more expensive card. I also doubt that the 1GB vRAM will be suffice for current games and up-coming games. I would recommend stepping up to something like the Radeon 7850 or the Nvidia GTX 660.

The PSU you have chosen will be able to feed either of them cards, so I wouldn't be too worried.

I'm sure there are a few points I missed that someone else will have addressed, but that would be my opinion on the choices you made  ^_^

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

hey,

generally for gaming benchmarks, it is easiest to google for what results people got when running that particular card on which ever games you're interested in seeing. Linus does many of these types of videos and most likely has a video for any card you might be interested in.

In terms of CPUs for great gaming builds any in the intel i5 range (4650k being the best choice)/ AMD fx8000 series are a good place to aim for. You can however, game using the lower tier CPUs like the i3 CPUs but they will definitely produce "bottlenecks", especially in the "next gen" up-coming AAA titled games. The Athlon x4 CPU should do you fine, if you want to keep things "on the cheap budget".

However, on the graphics side, you can't really cheap out on one and expect a decent high fps and a great visual experience. I doubt the 7790 will give you an enjoyable experience at 1080p. sure, you will most likely have to turn down most of the textures and will suffer more, as appose to investing in a slightly more expensive card. I also doubt that the 1GB vRAM will be suffice for current games and up-coming games. I would recommend stepping up to something like the Radeon 7850 or the Nvidia GTX 660.

The PSU you have chosen will be able to feed either of them cards, so I wouldn't be too worried.

I'm sure there are a few points I missed that someone else will have addressed, but that would be my opinion on the choices you made  ^_^

Elven

Well my problem with Linus's videos as an example is that I don't ever plan on running ANY game on Ultra, I don't have a 1080p monitor, and I don't plan on overclocking. And also, I'm not "cheaping out" on a 7790. The card is $110, but it has a $40 Mail-in rebate happening right now, which PCPartPicker already applied. As for upgrading to a 7850- I just might do that. The 7770 was my first choice, but the 7790 is $20 more with a significant upgrade, and the 7850 is only $30 more than the 7790.

Well my problem with Linus's videos as an example is that I don't ever plan on running ANY game on Ultra, I don't have a 1080p monitor, and I don't plan on overclocking. And also, I'm not "cheaping out" on a 7790. The card is $110, but it has a $40 Mail-in rebate happening right now, which PCPartPicker already applied. As for upgrading to a 7850- I just might do that. The 7770 was my first choice, but the 7790 is $20 more with a significant upgrade, and the 7850 is only $30 more than the 7790.

That is true, I guess in a way you could take their results as a "worse case scenario" and ultimately make an approximate guess how it would run on the settings/resolution you decide to run at. You could also google around to see if anyone has done benchmarks on different settings and resolutions. Some people do give this option but not all the time.

I wasn't aware that there was a rebate on the final price of that particular card, as I am from the U.K. Apologise!! Then again, as from what prices you've found for the next cards up, they could be a better investment  :lol: Ultimately your decision and hopefully you'll be happy with the choice you decide!

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Thanks for the answers. I'm just gonna guess no, there isn't.