FAST wired lan and SLOW Wireless.. I Dont Get It

So I have tried everything and I dont get it... I have an Xfinity 150/15mbps internet connection and when connected anywhere on the wired LAN I get 250/20mbps. But on the wireless I am getting 5/11mbps. I have changed routers from the EA7500 with 3 TEW818drus set as APs to an edgerouter lite with 2 drus and 1 EA7500 as APs. I have tried changing the wireless channels using the wifi analyzer android app, as well as leaving it set to auto. Even when there is only 1 AP with 1 client connected its still slow. I am stuck, what else should I try. Please help!

3 minutes ago, elliott35 said:

So I have tried everything and I dont get it... I have an Xfinity 150/15mbps internet connection and when connected anywhere on the wired LAN I get 250/20mbps. But on the wireless I am getting 5/11mbps. I have changed routers from the EA7500 with 3 TEW818drus set as APs to an edgerouter lite with 2 drus and 1 EA7500 as APs. I have tried changing the wireless channels using the wifi analyzer android app, as well as leaving it set to auto. Even when there is only 1 AP with 1 client connected its still slow. I am stuck, what else should I try. Please help!

do you have a wireless pci e adaptor in ur pc? what mobo?, what pc? 

It happens on any client. My PC has a killer NIC (2200 I believe) & an asus AC MUMIMO AC adapter. My pixel, macbook,  etc all do the same thing. I probably have 80+ clients connected at full load. 

4 minutes ago, elliott35 said:

It happens on any client. My PC has a killer NIC (2200 I believe) & an asus AC MUMIMO AC adapter. My pixel, macbook,  etc all do the same thing. I probably have 80+ clients connected at full load. 

Firstly Nice profile pic, Its been a while since I seen Johnny Bravo. 

On to business now. Just making sure you have all the AP's on separate Wireless channels? Also, whats the building made of? Some materials and WiFi just dont mix. Have you tried 5Ghz? 

My only guess is massive Interference from something. Could be structural, or a neighbors AP, or some other device. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Thanks, lol. Yea I separated the AP channels. Tried it both ways out of desperation. I live in a pretty open area -- the neighbors aren't right on top of me either so I don't think it's interference. I even isolated each of the APs to test them. Ran the EA 7500 on only the 5ghz and still was slow. But when I connect to the wire it's full speed. I wasn't more than 10 feet away in an open room. The house is a modern construction, drywall and wooden studs I believe. Not plaster or concrete with lead pipes. I'm so freaking stumped. I am a very tech savvy person and networking makes me want to pull all my hair out. I'm pretty sure I have all the right hardware...

What's the power level set to on the AP's you have? And have you used anything such as InSSIDer or WiFi Analyzer for Android to pick up the channels that other AP's in your area are on? Because that's really strange to be happening

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Hiitchy said:

What's the power level set to on the AP's you have? And have you used anything such as InSSIDer or WiFi Analyzer for Android to pick up the channels that other AP's in your area are on? Because that's really strange to be happening

I haven't changed the power levels on any of my APs. I believe they are 1 watt? Yes, I did use the android app and there are no significant wireless signals in range -- especially on 5Ghz. I do have Hue Lights, Sonos components, and Belkin wemo devices. The sonos is set to spanning tree because I still have an old controller. I have tried the tests with that stuff unplugged-- no bueno. 

Just now, elliott35 said:

I haven't changed the power levels on any of my APs. I believe they are 1 watt? Yes, I did use the android app and there are no significant wireless signals in range -- especially on 5Ghz. I do have Hue Lights, Sonos components, and Belkin wemo devices. The sonos is set to spanning tree because I still have an old controller. I have tried the tests with that stuff unplugged-- no bueno. 

Oh gosh. has the firmware been updated to the latest version for the routers? I'm trying to think of anything that could possibly be causing interference but this is mind boggling.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

1 hour ago, Hiitchy said:

Oh gosh. has the firmware been updated to the latest version for the routers? I'm trying to think of anything that could possibly be causing interference but this is mind boggling.

Yea, all up to date... 

manually set the channels to the middle channels on 5Ghz, and use 5Ghz. Basically in my experience i once had really slow wifi but manually setting the upper channel. In order for the full 80mhz i had to select a channel that was in the middle of the spectrum.

For example if your choice is channel 48 to 52, select channel 50 for that range for one AP. Another could have channels 60-100, in which case you select channel 80.

Yea, I've set the channels and widths. They aren't overlapping with each other. I feel like I need a spectrum analyzer... But I'm not about to spend 500 on one...

If it were bottlenecked by wireless interference shouldn't the upload and dl speeds be bottlenecked at the same rate? Theoretically I should get the same speed on both?

The Ethernet connection to the ap....router ports set to 10/10 maybe? That's what it sounds like to me. Go into your router and look at the port the ap is connected to. What is its speed? 100/100, 1gbit? 

4 hours ago, CFstorm said:

The Ethernet connection to the ap....router ports set to 10/10 maybe? That's what it sounds like to me. Go into your router and look at the port the ap is connected to. What is its speed? 100/100, 1gbit? 

The router is attached to a 24 port dumb gigabit switch. I believe the connection from the ERL is full gigabit, Its set to auto negotiation 1500mtu. Im not sure what option to choose for manual selection (100/full?). The Ethernet connection from the switch to my computer is getting the full gigabit speed, not sure why the APs would be different? How can i check? Is it possible to view in the ap settings?

1 hour ago, elliott35 said:

The router is attached to a 24 port dumb gigabit switch. I believe the connection from the ERL is full gigabit, Its set to auto negotiation 1500mtu. Im not sure what option to choose for manual selection (100/full?). The Ethernet connection from the switch to my computer is getting the full gigabit speed, not sure why the APs would be different? How can i check? Is it possible to view in the ap settings?

AP Model? What network cables are you using? CAT5? CAT5e? CAT6? 

Mostly cat5e through the walls and some cat 7. There are a bunch of AP's: 2x TEW818dru and 1x EA7500. I have an extra 818 but its not broadcasting, just being used as a switch.