updated Star citizen minimum specs for 30fps

rentaspoon
On 23/07/2017 at 4:31 AM, colt92 said:

they'll be ready for it.

Or maybe not, I mean did you see the same requirements I did? how many gamers you know that will get Intel HEDT platform or at least a Ryzen 7 based system, with at least 32gb of RAM ONLY to game?

I get it the whole thing to push the limits but this thing requiring a high end workstation to play smooth is the same as narrowing down to near zero (only truly enthusiastic people or people that work with a high end workstation) audience.

Go to Steam survey and see that the greatest majority of people play with a a ryzen 5 ~ i5, GTX 1060~980 and 8gb of RAM level of power rig.

I find it hard to believe this game will reach all these ground breaking level of quality without audience to pay for it and the way they are building this to be I can only imagine it'll fail.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

45 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Or maybe not, I mean did you see the same requirements I did? how many gamers you know that will get Intel HEDT platform or at least a Ryzen 7 based system, with at least 32gb of RAM ONLY to game?

I get it the whole thing to push the limits but this thing requiring a high end workstation to play smooth is the same as narrowing down to near zero (only truly enthusiastic people or people that work with a high end workstation) audience.

Go to Steam survey and see that the greatest majority of people play with a a ryzen 5 ~ i5, GTX 1060~980 and 8gb of RAM level of power rig.

I find it hard to believe this game will reach all these ground breaking level of quality without audience to pay for it and the way they are building this to be I can only imagine it'll fail.

You know someone pulled those requirements from their ass, right? There are no official recommended requirements because the game is still in alpha. There is no way for anyone to actually give accurate requirements of a game that isn't even optimised yet. Whatever the actual final game requires to play with good quality, people will be ready for it.

That said, there are always games with settings that are very demanding at launch, that get few people can enjoy. Crysis was one of these. Metro 2033 too. Star Citizen will be as well. But that doesn't mean you won't be able to play it smoothly with a more medium range PC. You won't be at high - ultra settings. Medium - high will be just as an enjoyable experience.

On 7/27/2017 at 9:35 PM, Princess Cadence said:

It's already been paid for and all legal requirements have been met, from a financial/business point of view it probably can't fail.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Not sure where the 32GB RAM requirement is coming from. I have been getting between 30-70 FPS in Star Citizen at high settings (1440p). True, that is only with the currently released modules. Sheesh, I'd hate to see how much harder SC will get on hardware as it gets further along. Not to mention, it is getting to the point where older modules run at like twice the speed as the newer ones.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M9 ACK
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB, Western Digital Black Series 2TB, Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB (SC installed here)

• 4 weeks later...

With my build and a 1080ti i barely get above 30 FPS. The game is not optimized at all. I wish they could get it optimized because I would play it more often. Right now I rarely play

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB SL 3600mhz GPU: RTX 3060TI SSD: WD Black 1TB NVME SDD: WD Black 500GB NVME

On 8/28/2017 at 10:04 AM, CA8OOS3 said:

With my build and a 1080ti i barely get above 30 FPS. The game is not optimized at all. I wish they could get it optimized because I would play it more often. Right now I rarely play

dude, it's not optomized because they are still building the game, optomization is usually the last thing done in development

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2017 at 7:12 AM, KyberKylo77 said:

WHEN DOES THIS GAME RELEASE? I WANT IT NOW!

We are beyond dates at this point. You can join the alpha and play right now, however currently there is not much to do besides small fighter combat and farting around aimlessly in a small sandbox. A lot of new content such as full size moons and surface landings, rudimentary trade, missions, cargo hauling etc are hopefully coming by the end of 2017. 

• 5 months later...

My rig specs are:

- R5 1600X OC 3.975GHz on all 12 Threads

- 16GB RAM OC 3200MHz CAS 16-18-18-18-38

- MSI Gaming Twin Frozr GTX 980 4GB OC 1430MHz

- Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 MoBo

Star Citizen runs 30FPS at 1440p medium settings on this setup. The only reason for Medium settings is VRAM limitation. Lag-spikes drop FPS to 10 and below on a regular basis, but of course this is just the bad networking.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread: