Thermaltake RGB Power Supply

GlowingTurtle54

That just tells you how efficient the PSU is, not necessarily how last it will long. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

I have a bronze non-rgb, tier 3 in the popular tier list 

Just echoing now, bronze has no direct connection to lifespan, just efficiency. Usually, lifespan of fans used comes into play before component degradation from what I understand, usually from sleeve bearing fans mounted horizontally which is the norm with modern 120mm+ size single fan cooled PSUs compared to if they still used dual 80mm vertically mounted fans. If you go for a dual ball bearing horizontally mounted fan it should last significantly more; significantly meaning a measurable average length of time more

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

It's fine, probably going to last upwards of 5-7 years.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

On 7/18/2017 at 4:15 PM, GlowingTurtle54 said:

Does it matter if the PSU says 80+ Bronze? Will it not last as long?

As stated... level of 80 PLUS efficiency has nothing to do with build quality or product longevity.

There are different Thermaltake RGB PSUs and while 80 PLUS efficiency level is not a gauge of quality (i.e. there are some Bronze PSUs out there that are better built than some Gold ones), the different efficiency Thermaltake RGB PSUs are also different levels of quality.

The DPS-G RGB Titanium is made by Enhance and is the best performer and shows the best build quality, but seems to have a louder fan at higher loads.

The DPS-G RGB Gold is made by CWT and is second to the Enhance for build quality, but doesn't perform as well.. and we're not just talking about efficiency.  The voltage regulation just isn't as good.

The Toughpower Grand RGB Gold is made by High Power and is the newest of the bunch.  It has better voltage regulation than the CWT unit, but you won't see that in the review Jeremy did for jonnyguru.com because the scoring changed between the two reviews to accommodate the string of PSUs with mythic regulation we've seen as of late.  Ripple suppression is better too.  

It sounds like you have the Smart Pro RGB, which is also made by High Power.  Jonnyguru.com never got to review one, but from the review at HardOCP, you can see good build quality.  There's a Japanese primary, but the secondaries are Teapo... which really isn't so bad.. But the voltage regulation was sub-par compared to some other units.