Travelling to the US

Taskene

They're usually OK. The only really awful ICE guy that I have come across was one at LAX who was possibly the most unnecessarily offensive human being I have ever met - I think he was annoyed even more because I was being too nice to him after him being an asshat to begin with.  Florida, NY, SF, Honalulu and Vegas (apart from the below) were all nice guys to be honest.

Only other time I've had any trouble was flying in to Vegas when despite me having been to the US 4 times on exactly the same passport previously, they decided they wanted to do some extra checks to make sure I wasn't someone who had the same 1st & last name as me. Overhearing the guys in the extra security area as they were typing in to their computer at an unbearably slow rate - he didn't have a middle name, so I obviously wasn't the same guy.... Super... The fact they already had iris and fingerprint from my previous visits apparently didn't give away that I wasn't the same dude either. Pretty sure the guy is some kind of drug dealer though judging from what the Australian embassy said to me when I had to get the old ESTA type thing to fly there in 2008, so fair enough I suppose and only took 15 mins or so.

The actual TSA people in the security checks are generally just super bored, just make sure you follow their instructions and don't be an asshat to them and you will be fine.