Recommended Case for Watercooling

JustAUser1

Hello,

I am trying to choose a case for my new watercooled pc build. This is becoming one of the hardest things to choose for my components. Here is what I have to work with:

-ATX mobo

-Mid tower is preferred although I am willing to check out some full towers on the smaller end of the spectrum (i have limited room)

-needs enough room for 3 components to be water cooled. 1 gpu (oc), 1 cpu(oc), and 1 mobo.

-and most importantly, have plenty of room for fans and radiator. Going for lots of fans(6+) at low rpms for a silent build.

ideal fan/radiator setup would be 2-3 front fans, 1-2 rear fans, 2-3 top fans+120mm radiator, 1-2 bottom fans+120mm radiator (i have this many radiators because I want to spread the load for quieter cooling).

Any case suggestions are welcome. If you think your case is worthy enough to get the job done even though it doesnt meet all of my requirements, I am more than happy to take a look at it. Thanks!

Wantto suggest the NZXT S340 or the S340 Elite, but im not a major watercooling fanatic so you may want to get a second opinion

Fractal define s with window

That's what I used when I was water cooling. 

More than enough space to mount pump + res combo.

2x 360mm radiators will fit without any problems.

It's mid tower but feels like full tower ... it realy does have a lot of space for everything that you might need to put in there.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, DisguisedDemise said:

Wantto suggest the NZXT S340 or the S340 Elite, but im not a major watercooling fanatic so you may want to get a second opinion

While you can do custom water cooling in that case, I can't recommend it.

I used S340 before, but I switched to Define S, because I wasn't able to fit everyhting inside S340 ... there just wasn't space to mount d5 pum + res combo.

And max supportet rad is 240 or 280m ... not 100% sure, but for GPU + CPU I wanted to have at least 360mm + another 240mm, to run fans at low rpm.

anyway, S340 is great case, just not for custom water loops ... it can be done buy it's tricky and it will piss you off in the end when something won't fit.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

14 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Fractal define s with window

That's what I used when I was water cooling. 

More than enough space to mount pump + res combo.

2x 360mm radiators will fit without any problems.

It's mid tower but feels like full tower ... it realy does have a lot of space for everything that you might need to put in there.

I was really considering this one, however, i wanted to have a couple of top(exhaust) and bottom(intake) radiators so i could go for a quieter build while having the front as a normal intake to cool the rest of the components. This case didnt really provide that option.How did you configure your watercooling loop? and how are the temps for you?

18 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

there just wasn't space to mount d5 pum + res combo.

And max supportet rad is 240 or 280m ... not 100% sure, but for GPU + CPU I wanted to have at least 360mm + another 240mm, to run fans at low rpm.

This is my current problem. I cant seem to find a good case where i have enough room for two sets of radiators for low rpm fans while also having enough room for everything else. What do you use for your build? And how are the temps for your components?

1 minute ago, JustAUser1 said:

I was really considering this one, however, i wanted to have a couple of top(exhaust) and bottom(intake) radiators so i could go for a quieter build while having the front as a normal intake to cool the rest of the components. This case didnt really provide that option.How did you configure your watercooling loop? and how are the temps for you?

I used 360mm in the front and 240mm on the top.

Front fans mounted on 360mm rad were pulling air from outside to inside (intake)

top fans on 240mm rad were pulling air from the caseand moving it out of the case (exaust).

Back fan was pulling air inside, same with bottom fan. So I had 5 intake and 2 exaust fans ... not the best scenario, but it did job just fine.

Temp on GPU never went over 50°C.

CPU ... well that one was dying on 85°C at stock settings without any OC. But that's not the problem with water loop or case. I just had verybad CPU. My radiators didn't even get worm, while CPU was heating up like crazy. But like I said, that was because of bad CPU (Intel used too much adhesive and I was too afraid to delid my CPU for lower temps).

Anyway, I'm not using it anymore, because one water leak freaked me, so I went back to air cooling.

WD My Cloud 4TB

5 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Anyway, I'm not using it anymore, because one water leak freaked me, so I went back to air cooling.

Interested in selling those bits :P

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

Interested in selling those bits :P

Already sold my entire water loop for 250€.

I paid over 650€ for all of my water cooling parts and in the end I sold it for 250 ... made me kinda sad, but sadly there aren't any buyers in Slovenia who would want to even buy water cooling. Perks of being in a poor country.

WD My Cloud 4TB

I am having trouble choosing a case to build my pc in. This is my first water cooling build so I am not exactly sure what I need so I feel like I am going a little overboard with my requirements. So if one of you more experienced water cooling builders can give me some advice, thatd be great.

This is what I would like to have:
-ROG Maximus IX Formula(ATX mobo w/ built in ek water block), 1080ti(oc), and i7-7700k (oc).

-Multiple radiators (top for exhaust and bottom for intake) with low rpm fans for a quieter build

- 2-3 intake fans on front/ 1 exhaust on back)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice mid tower, or smaller if you have one (willing to go for a full tower but i am limited on space so nothing too big please)?

Also, what do you guys use for your builds? How many components are you cooling? Where do you have your fans/radiators mounted? How are the temps? I feel like i am just being too cautious and i really dont need so many radiators. or maybe just a thicker radiator will work. How loud are your fans when you have a thicker radiator? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

I used 360mm in the front and 240mm on the top.

Front fans mounted on 360mm rad were pulling air from outside to inside (intake)

top fans on 240mm rad were pulling air from the caseand moving it out of the case (exaust).

Back fan was pulling air inside, same with bottom fan. So I had 5 intake and 2 exaust fans ... not the best scenario, but it did job just fine.

Temp on GPU never went over 50°C.

CPU ... well that one was dying on 85°C at stock settings without any OC. But that's not the problem with water loop or case. I just had verybad CPU. My radiators didn't even get worm, while CPU was heating up like crazy. But like I said, that was because of bad CPU (Intel used too much adhesive and I was too afraid to delid my CPU for lower temps).

I am kinda hesitant to put front mounted rads because I feel like my case wouldnt be pulling in enough cool air. What are your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, JustAUser1 said:

I am having trouble choosing a case to build my pc in. This is my first water cooling build so I am not exactly sure what I need so I feel like I am going a little overboard with my requirements. So if one of you more experienced water cooling builders can give me some advice, thatd be great.

This is what I would like to have:
-ROG Maximus IX Formula(ATX mobo w/ built in ek water block), 1080ti(oc), and i7-7700k (oc).

-Multiple radiators (top for exhaust and bottom for intake) with low rpm fans for a quieter build

- 2-3 intake fans on front/ 1 exhaust on back)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice mid tower, or smaller if you have one (willing to go for a full tower but i am limited on space so nothing too big please)?

Also, what do you guys use for your builds? How many components are you cooling? Where do you have your fans/radiators mounted? How are the temps? I feel like i am just being too cautious and i really dont need so many radiators. or maybe just a thicker radiator will work. How loud are your fans when you have a thicker radiator? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

multiple post are not allowed.

7 minutes ago, JustAUser1 said:

I am kinda hesitant to put front mounted rads because I feel like my case wouldnt be pulling in enough cool air. What are your thoughts?

I think that wouldn't be the problem.

If you put 360mm in the front and 360mm on the top, you will be more than fine. Just use some decent fans ... in my signature you can see what fans I'm using now. Those are dead silent and move enough air around.

But if you realy want to have 360mm on the top and 360mm on the bottom, you will need to look for full size tower cases sadly.

WD My Cloud 4TB

8 minutes ago, Oryzaki said:

multiple post are not allowed.

Sorry! Wasnt aware this was a rule. I was just hoping to get a second opinion from a different group of people since a forum for watercooling might have different opinions/experience with what i am trying to do.

Or that: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002562

Looks amazing if you ask me.

And you can put radiators anywhere the f you want lol

Just check that website from top to bottom, and you will see where you can mount that rads lol

WD My Cloud 4TB

The people are the same most reply from the topics bar in the right hand side of the screen.

3 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

I think that wouldn't be the problem.

If you put 360mm in the front and 360mm on the top, you will be more than fine. Just use some decent fans ... in my signature you can see what fans I'm using now. Those are dead silent and move enough air around.

But if you realy want to have 360mm on the top and 360mm on the bottom, you will need to look for full size tower cases sadly.

Well im not dead set on having top and bottom. I just thought i wouldnt be able to get enough cool air since the front intakes would be over a radiator. Thats why i came to the forums for a second opinion from someone who has went through this already.

2 minutes ago, JustAUser1 said:

Well im not dead set on having top and bottom. I just thought i wouldnt be able to get enough cool air since the front intakes would be over a radiator. Thats why i came to the forums for a second opinion from someone who has went through this already.

Well Thermaltake Core X9 does suport a lot of variants. You can have 360mm rads on each side, pulling air from the middle to outside of the case. then you just put some fans in the frnt that will provide fresh air to the middle of those 2 rads.

I can already imagine how good airflow must be in that case. But it does cost a bit more.

WD My Cloud 4TB

7 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Or that: http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002562

Looks amazing if you ask me.

And you can put radiators anywhere the f you want lol

Just check that website from top to bottom, and you will see where you can mount that rads lol

naahh. sorry lol. nice case and all but im not feeling the box vibe for this build.

Threads merged.

Double posting isn't allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I'd suggest the 460X. You can cool both of those components with a single 360MM radiator and it'll be just enough. This case holds 6 fans, is mid-tower, and tempered glass. When we debuted the White 400C, I managed to fit a slim 240mm radiator on top and a 45mm thick 360mm long radiator in front. Definitely worth looking into!

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M is also a good choice. An underlooked case IMO, can fit a 360 in the top and front (Though I dont think you can do it at the same time sadly) Would be fairly similar to the Define Series but with TG. FRACTAL GET ON IT WITH THE TG ALREADY

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25