Need input on Blue Yeti Vs. At2020

Toysoldiers35

I currently am wanting to upgrade my mic from my headset to a more professional sound. The big 2 I've found are the blue yeti (normal) and the At2020. What will be better the USB yeti or an XLR at2020 with a audio interface. I am aware that the at2020 will be around twice the cost when paired with a audio interface, but I am willing to pay if the quality is worth it. Though the blue yeti is on sale for 90.00$ Usd on Amazon prime day. I need to make a decision and want someone else's input. I do mostly voice overs and chat with friends and may occasionally record my guitar that I play for fun. Thanks

You know there's an AT2020 USB version right?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

You know there's an AT2020 USB version right?

yeah so its AT2020USB+ at 150 vs the yeti at 90.

idk.. im not sure which one is better but if cost is an issue the yeti is probably a better value.

Just now, TrigrH said:

yeah so its AT2020USB+ at 150 vs the yeti at 90.

idk.. im not sure which one is better but if cost is an issue the yeti is probably a better value.

Yeah.

Both are great.

Get the yeti if you want to save money.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if just using for gaming I prefer the audio technica at 2005, it is usb or xlr so you can add an interface later if you want(I tried the 2i2 but it didn't work with my setup). The usb is llikely more than enough for your use, pair it with a cheap neewer mic stand and shock mount(had to use little bit of foam because it is skinny. Also this is a dynamic mic so no phantom power needed and it picks up less ambient keyboard and a/c sounds.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

Unless the room you play in is sound proofed and dead silent, don't use a condenser mic for live broadcasting; they are highly sensitive to background sound. Many people make this mistake when they first set out to get a mic. A dynamic mic will pick up far less background sound.

Any "pro" will tell you that an audio interface trumps usb mic. But the USB mic is good enough for most people. 

The audio interface route can get pretty expensive. You'll be spending hundreds of dollars on a pre-amp, interface and xlr mic. You're looking at $300++

Oh yeah, you'll want a dynamic mic.