Thoughts on my new build?

Vx0x

I would go for the stock cooler that comes with Ryzen and put the money into a ryzen 7 or a GTX 1070

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

i would not buy an gpu right now just use what you got or look for something used

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I would save a few bucks getting R5 1600 (non-X) or invest couple more to get R7 1700 (non-X) since they are pretty much the same chip, but the out of the box frequency is different compared to the X. You should be able to overclock it to the same frequency as the X chips. As for GPU, hard to say when you're getting a new one for MSRP or even a reasonable price.

CPU: i5 6600k @4.5GHz | GPU Zotac Amp! 1070 | RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb | Storage: Corsair Force LE 240gb +480gb | Case: Corsair Carbide Clear C400 | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Cooler: H110i GTX

7 minutes ago, Constant Failure said:

I would save a few bucks getting R5 1600 (non-X) or invest couple more to get R7 1700 (non-X)

Agree

24 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i would not buy an gpu right now just use what you got or look for something used

Agree

Don't get liquid cooler unless you want slightly better temps and aesthetics
PSU is mediocre

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Looks good, though I'm not sure what you're getting this for.

If you're gaming, what I'd do is get the 1600 and take the stock cooler and apply the $120 on a GTX 1070 for better graphical performance, or if you're going to buy a monitor, take that $120 to spend a little extra and go for a 1440p or high refresh rate (FreeSync preferably) 1080p display.

If you're into content creation/streaming and you're just getting an RX 580 for whatever reason, get the Ryzen 7 1700. The Wraith Spire is a decent cooler that can maintain a decent overclock (you are going to do this, right?). I personally wouldn't consider the small amount of extra headroom you'd get with the better SKU CPU and liquid cooler worth it unless that's the goal of your PC.

For the motherboard, I'm assuming you're getting it for the B350 chipset which allows overclocking, so it seems like you're likely either overclocking your CPU, RAM, or both, and you're looking for a good value. In terms of features, that board is pretty lightweight, otherwise, but boards in this price point often are, anyway.

As for the RAM, I'm assuming if you're getting 16 GB of RAM, you probably know what you're going to do with it or you're playing it safe. It's a good investment. Make sure you enable your RAM's 3000 MHz overclock to take full advantage of it. Maybe even consider pushing it a little harder if you can, but it's not a big deal if you can't.

For storage, the classic 250 GB SSD and 1 TB hard drive combination is tried and true. Yes, there are cheaper 250 GB SSDs if value is all you care about, but 850 EVOs are very good and you do usually get what you pay for here.

Oh, and best of luck getting an RX 580 at MSRP any time soon. If you're impatient and want this as soon as possible, you could buy a cheaper card like an RX 460 or get a used GTX 770 or something to get started. You can then sell it when you've got your RX 580 or keep it handy, as having a second GPU laying around can be useful in case you, for some reason, can't use your main GPU (such as due to a failed overclock you saved) and your CPU doesn't have an integrated GPU (Ryzen CPUs don't!).