Sennheiser pc350 SE vs HD598

Swegly

Which of these headsets would be a better VALUE to buy and would I need a sound card for them to improve them? I also understand that Ill need to buy a clip on mic if i was to go with the HD598's and the one i had in mind was the Zalman zm-mic1. I am not an audiophile AT ALL so would it be worth buying maybe the razer krakens to spare some money?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

I would go with the HD 598 and a standalone mic. The audio quality from the headphones would be better and there's a good chance that the standalone mic will be better than the built in on the PC350.

I would go with the HD 598 and a standalone mic. The audio quality from the headphones would be better and there's a good chance that the standalone mic will be better than the built in on the PC350.

The drivers are the same, in fact it's the same thing with diffirent cups and a mic.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I would go with the HD 598 and a standalone mic. The audio quality from the headphones would be better and there's a good chance that the standalone mic will be better than the built in on the PC350

Would the PC 350 SE's have good quality sound to where I can here people coming from behind in bf4?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

The drivers are the same, in fact it's the same thing with diffirent cups and a mic.

So the sound quality would be the same? If so that is a better deal because i can spare 40 bucks

Would the PC 350 SE's have good quality sound to where I can here people coming from behind in bf4?

You can hear people coming from behind with a $60 headset, however you will have better quality sound with a more expensive setup.

You can hear people coming from behind with a $60 headset, however you will have better quality sound with a more expensive setup.

Are the PC 350 SE's considered a high end setup?

No, it isn't.

5tPxe.png

5tPy8.png

It would be closer to the HD518 than anything.

350 is closed and build isn't as nice as the 598. Consider a 558 instead, however, as it's cheaper and pretty much the same thing.