What is the best way to connect multiple case fans?

david cassar
15 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Its not easy getting in at tesla, you need to either know people there or wait ages for them to get to your application

So, when they got to your application they just accept you? Okay den.....

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Ah yeah.... just did a quick search at google for PWM fan hub that ship to Malta. Apparently, there is none 

Well then, I'd say get a normal fan hub and get a "silent" fan adapter to connect the fan to the hub..... the fans should run at slower speed

I'd guess I'll do that then. Either way in most cases (pun intended ?) I do have my headphones on so the noise wouldn't be too much of an issue. Thanks again :)

On 7/7/2017 at 0:50 PM, david cassar said:

None of them are available here :( Would a pack of 2 fan splitters work?

Which splitters are you referring to?

What fans are you trying to control and what motherboard do you have?

On 7/7/2017 at 0:54 PM, Its Not Important said:

Well that depends, if that fan splitters have 4 pins that means its PWM (which the fan speed ia controllable)

Whether fan control is available or not depends on the header that's providing the power and not the splitter. 

On 7/7/2017 at 1:00 PM, Its Not Important said:

Those links? They all have 4 pins.... 

You can also try searching for 4 pins PWM fan hub

4pin pwm fan hubs provide a 12v signal and would result in 100% fan speed for 3pin fans plugged into it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Whether fan control is available or not depends on the header that's providing the power and not the splitter. 

Soo normal 3 pins header could control the speed too? I guess i got some information mixed up.

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

4pin pwm fan hubs provide a 12v signal and would result in 100% fan speed for 3pin fans plugged into it.

Yes but if the fan has 4 pins on it, its speed can be controlled from that 4 pins header right?

23 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Soo normal 3 pins header could control the speed too? I guess i got some information mixed up.

Yes but if the fan has 4 pins on it, its speed can be controlled from that 4 pins header right?

Yes, 2 and 3pin headers can be used to control speed. The 3rd pin is for reporting rpm which isn't necessary for changing the power delivered.

Yes, 4pin headers can be used to control 4pin fans but the fans in question are 3pin.

The 4th pin provides a pwm signal that built-in IC's on 4pin fans use to modulate the power to the motor. Without this pin and IC on 3pin fans, the 12v signal goes unfiltered and results in 100% rpm. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, 2 and 3pin headers can be used to control speed. The 3rd pin is for reporting rpm which isn't necessary for changing the power delivered.

Yes, 4pin headers can be used to control 4pin fans but the fans in question are 3pin.

The 4th pin provides a pwm signal that built-in IC's on 4pin fans use to modulate the power to the motor. Without this pin and IC on 3pin fans, the 12v signal goes unfiltered and results in 100% rpm. 

Nice, thanks for the info.