New setup Upgrade from i5 4670k

So first off I have around $ 610 I don't know if I should try and go for the Ryzen 1600x or maybe the i5 7600k 

I will mainly play games and/or stream 

Reason I would like to upgrade, is because I would 

What I have found is this: i5 7600k, MSI Z270-A Pro and Corsair Vengance LED 2666MHZ 16GB, this runs up in 603 dollars. 

I am open to buy cheaper rams, even another cheaper motherboard. 

Also what difference do i get from the different Z270 boards? - I only play games, and might be overclocking the chip a bit. All that LED fancy thing I do not need. I just need the best cheapest ATX board there is.  Anyone who can help me maybe make this build cheaper? 

Edit! My old Cooler master Seidon 120M cooler, does it fit from the board I use now? 

1 minute ago, GGWP1337 said:

I should try and go for the Ryzen 1600x or maybe the i5 7600k 

I will mainly play games and/or stream 

go for ryzen 1600 

Ryzen 5 1600. The 7600K isn't much better than a 4670K and the Ryzen will have much better mins and similar averages. 

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

I am most likely playing Dota 2 and those kind of cpu eating games :)

5 minutes ago, GGWP1337 said:

i5 7600k 

stream

wow

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

But what chipset do i need to OC perfect on a AMD board?

What's your current full specs? 

Could always just throw an i7 4770k in there and call it a day. Or upgrade the gpu as well if you really wanted to. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

What's your current full specs? 

Could always just throw an i7 4770k in there and call it a day. Or upgrade the gpu as well if you really wanted to. 

i5 4670k 16 gb DDR3 ram 120 GB SSD 500 GB HDD ASRock Z87 EXTREME6 GTX 1070  RM750X Psu :)

I have to agree, Ryzen 1600, that's if you must have a new system.

Otherwise, why not upgrade your system?  i7s still exist, and you could go 4770k.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

i5 4670k 16 gb DDR3 ram 120 GB SSD 500 GB HDD ASRock Z87 EXTREME6 GTX 1070  RM750X Psu :)

Yeah just upgrade to a 4770k/4790k and you're good to go. The extra cost of upgrading cpu mobo and ram won't really be worth it over simply going to an i7. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 minutes ago, GGWP1337 said:

But what chipset do i need to OC perfect on a AMD board?

Either B350 or X370. Ryzen 7 is marketed towards the X370 and Ryzen 5 is marketed towards the B350, I'd say go Ryzen because of value, and the fact i5's are kinda lame now that we have Ryzen in the same price, but you could get an i5 7600K to 5GHz maybe and then it wouldn't be so clean cut. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, RKRiley said:

Yeah just upgrade to a 4770/4790k and you're good to go. The extra cost of upgrading cpu mobo and ram won't really be worth it over going to an i7. 

Problem is I would like to upgrade my system (A friend can do it for me)

Most likely reason is that my board as well have very few Fan headers, for example my one fan in the top, it's in a CPU 2 header (3 pins) on a 4 pin connector, and it's sitting skew, since I'm afraid I will do something wrong and feel uncomfortable opening my case to fix things like "small headers" and I am afraid the fan is broken because it suddenly stopped working after I either took my PC out to get cleaned, so i am also afraid it might be burning the board when I let it stay off or something since it won't spin up at all (Not even booting) 

So i would like a newer build because I also want better performance and better streaming options (I lag as damm when I stream) 

14 minutes ago, GGWP1337 said:

Problem is I would like to upgrade my system (A friend can do it for me)

Most likely reason is that my board as well have very few Fan headers, for example my one fan in the top, it's in a CPU 2 header (3 pins) on a 4 pin connector, and it's sitting skew, since I'm afraid I will do something wrong and feel uncomfortable opening my case to fix things like "small headers" and I am afraid the fan is broken because it suddenly stopped working after I either took my PC out to get cleaned, so i am also afraid it might be burning the board when I let it stay off or something since it won't spin up at all (Not even booting) 

So i would like a newer build because I also want better performance and better streaming options (I lag as damm when I stream) 

4790k is the fastest option with the money you have, you wont break anything, its not hard to swap a CPU :)

@TrigrH That is not my concern at the moment one of my fan connectors is connected to a 4 pin, problem is it's a 3 pin (4th hole blocked) and it is installed kinda crooked, and when I booted it today i looked around in my case and also had the side of to check if my Rog Strix had all fans running, but when i putted the side back on my top fan wasn't even spinning or anything It didn't even spin up after some Prime95 so i was wondering as well if the fan is broken or anything how big of a chance is there it can fry my motherboard if I doesn't remove it? 

4 minutes ago, GGWP1337 said:

@TrigrH That is not my concern at the moment one of my fan connectors is connected to a 4 pin, problem is it's a 3 pin (4th hole blocked) and it is installed kinda crooked, and when I booted it today i looked around in my case and also had the side of to check if my Rog Strix had all fans running, but when i putted the side back on my top fan wasn't even spinning or anything It didn't even spin up after some Prime95 so i was wondering as well if the fan is broken or anything how big of a chance is there it can fry my motherboard if I doesn't remove it? 

zero. you can get fan adapter cables, you don't need a new system.

3 pin fans should work on 4 pin connectors, maybe its on the wrong way.

Also, what do you mean by zero @TrigrH

Like it cannot harm my Mobo by being in and not working?

Okay, I will take my chances then, and maybe look at it before this week is over. 

Because It's not likely my airflow is bad. 

I have a Sidefan for the GPU, one in front (Intake) then my radiator and 120 MM in the back exhaust. 

That should be okay. i think

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

4pin.jpg

how to install

The issue is its just as big as a 4 pin connector, and when it's getting installed it kinda bend a bit because the tip behind is in the way :)

Okay, I will take my chances then, and maybe look at it before this week is over. 

Because It's not likely my airflow is bad. 

I have a Sidefan for the GPU, one in front (Intake) then my radiator and 120 MM in the back exhaust. 

That should be okay. i think

right now my PC is running without any case fans, its not a big deal.

Thanks a lot sir. 

I'll now look a bit around for the best setup I can get, it's because for like 300 bucks more i can get the i5 7600k and i find that upgrade better though. 

Thanks a lot sir. 

I'll now look a bit around for the best setup I can get, it's because for like 300 bucks more i can get the i5 7600k and i find that upgrade better though. 

stupid move, the 7600k wont help u with streaming at all, the 4790k is superior.