Looking for a new AMD mobo

I am looking for an AM3+, ATX, AMD motherboard for under $200. I will be using an AMD FX-8320 Processor. The build I am upgrading with this is used primarily for gaming. 

ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 

I've used it. I like it!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

@TheSLSAMG .... Shoot him down...

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This is exactly what I need! Thanks!

Anytime!

GA-990FX-UD5: 3-way SLI and Crossfire, 8+2 Power Phase, lots of other kool features.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Gigabyte makes good quality motherboards. Physically. The BIOSes aren't good though. They lag and look like 4 year olds designed them.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Gigabyte makes good quality motherboards. Physically. The BIOSes aren't good though. They lag and look like 4 year olds designed them.

Well ok then.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 

I've used it. I like it!

I'm going to get that mobo, Does it overclock well?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

The gigabyte one has a 8+2 while the asus one has a 6+2 power phase.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I'm going to get that mobo, Does it overclock well?

Very!

What processor did you overclock and to what speed?

Not my build. I made it for my associate and a friend. Got it to 4.6 with a 6300 and a 4.7 with an 8320. I could push more but they didn't need so much.

Not my build. I made it for my associate and a friend. Got it to 4.6 with a 6300 and a 4.7 with an 8320. I could push more but they didn't need so much.

Was it watercooled for the 8320?

My UD3 was DOA so I exchanged for the M5..

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

The gigabyte one has a 8+2 while the asus one has a 6+2 power phase.

please do not compare this to mean the giggy is more powerful than the asus.

i believe the giggy uses 20amp phase vs asus 30amp phase. so in comparing

the giggy 200amp of current phase vs. the asus at 240amp. so you can be

buying worse if following more phase is better.

totally agree with this statement. and since the P67 days has never really caught up

with asus' UEFI platform. so for really handling of overclocking the asus is far better.

please do not compare this to mean the giggy is more powerful than the asus.

i believe the giggy uses 20amp phase vs asus 30amp phase. so in comparing

the giggy 200amp of current phase vs. the asus at 240amp. so you can be

buying worse if following more phase is better.

totally agree with this statement. and since the P67 days has never really caught up

with asus' UEFI platform. so for really handling of overclocking the asus is far better.

How about reading off numbers from the Sin's VRM List?

also for unlisted motherboards,how do we figure out the quality of phases?

ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 

or for a few more bucks the Sabertooth.

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

@TheSLSAMG .... Shoot him down...

But...it looks good...

I mean visually. 

Dat grey/black color scheme.

woman-biting-her-lip.jpg?9d7bd4

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

But...it looks good...

I mean visually. 

Dat grey/black color scheme.

woman-biting-her-lip.jpg?9d7bd4

It can match...anything.....UUUUHHHHGGG

Zch2AWw.gif