Galaxy Note Fan Edition release (refurb Note 7)

Shimejii
2 hours ago, Noctus said:

-snip-

Indeed, i would lend 1K for excellent software and hardware without too many gimmicky features over 1K worth of hardware and software filled with gimmicky features (The S-Pen is the exception, only feature that is godlike and more phones should come with and retain water resistance with an S-Pen :o).

Groomlake Authority

17 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Should be interesting to see if they ever do go outside SK for this release

Probably not officially, although a quick Ebay search reveals that sellers are already taking pre-orders from international buyers. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unlocked-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-FE-SM-N935-S-K-L-Black-Pre-Order-Free-Fedex-/112463962548?hash=item1a2f5fe1b4:g:AmoAAOSw~rpZVxpJ

3 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Indeed, i would lend 1K for excellent software and hardware without too many gimmicky features over 1K worth of hardware and software filled with gimmicky features (The S-Pen is the exception, only feature that is godlike and more phones should come with and retain water resistance with an S-Pen :o).

If only... but that would what we call "smart thinking" 9_9

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

14 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I want all of that on a flat display with no bezels, Essential phone style :P.

We currently don't have the ability to make a display with no bezels - the liquid would leak out everywhere.

While Samsung releasing these refurbished Note 7's is absolutely better than trying to dispose of them, I don't understand why people are so interested in all the tech blogs and articles about them. Until / unless Samsung is planning to sell these outside of South Korea, the information is just "meh cool story bro" to me, since I'd love to get my hands on a Note 7, having owned a Note 3 for 3 years now.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

-snip-

Why would i want an LCD bezeless display? OLED displays have no liquids inside of them, they are just LED diodes.

But the thing is, i would prefer a Samsung made pixel with stock android than Samsung "customized" android :(.

Here i am hoping both LG and Apple finally adopt OLED technology this year...

Groomlake Authority

18 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Why would i want an LCD bezeless display? OLED displays have no liquids inside of them, they are just LED diodes.

But the thing is, i would prefer a Samsung made pixel with stock android than Samsung "customized" android :(.

Here i am hoping both LG and Apple finally adopt OLED technology this year...

You have a point with the liquid thing, but both OLED and LCD screens still need a bezel of some kind to serve as a frame, so we're still a long way off from bezel-less displays. New phones that have reduced bezel thickness are pretty neat though, so I understand what you mean and why people enjoy using them.

Agreed here; everyone needs to jump on the OLED bandwagon, if not just to improve battery life. It's 2017, and yet lots of phones can still barely last a day or two at most. Going OLED on all mobile devices just makes sense for this purpose.

As for Samsung, HTC, etc. releasing a Pixel style device running stock Android ... well, that won't happen since manufacturers then would have little to no reason to market their "customized hardware and software" to consumers. These phone companies more or less all make the same products, but offer slightly different software and hardware specifications as selling features to get people to buy into a brand name. To be clear, I'm not against the idea of a device running stock Android - I prefer this too. It's just that at the end of the day, there just aren't enough consumers who care deeply about how their phones run to pressure manufacturers to make these changes on a large scale. :( 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

10 hours ago, kirashi said:

As for releasing a Pixel style device running stock Android ... well, that won't happen 

Ummm the Google Pixel pretty much comes out the box like that lol. The only "non stock android" thing that is comes with that i can find looking through my apps is google drive. The other google services (gmail, maps) do come standard, tho pretty much everyone uses google maps and gmail so not really an issue.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

So, what did they do with the battery? Is it smaller now?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

7 hours ago, Noctus said:

Ummm the Google Pixel pretty much comes out the box like that lol. The only "non stock android" thing that is comes with that i can find looking through my apps is google drive. The other google services (gmail, maps) do come standard, tho pretty much everyone uses google maps and gmail so not really an issue.

Sorry, I should have clarified other manufacturers making a Pixel like bloatware free device won't happen. I'll edit my original post to reflect that.

On 7/3/2017 at 11:33 AM, Captain Chaos said:

Probably not officially, although a quick Ebay search reveals that sellers are already taking pre-orders from international buyers. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unlocked-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-FE-SM-N935-S-K-L-Black-Pre-Order-Free-Fedex-/112463962548?hash=item1a2f5fe1b4:g:AmoAAOSw~rpZVxpJ

If the prices on eBay weren't way over the top then I'd definitely consider!