What programs should i try to make in C++

I'm currently trying to learn C++(watching TheNewBoston's series) and was hoping to get some ideas for programs that I can try to make, I'd prefer if they were somewhere between novice and intermediate closer to intermediate(might as well challenge myself) would be preferred.

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

3 minutes ago, DXMember said:

I've thought of that, however I'd like to have ideas for actual programs that i might have a use for

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

4 minutes ago, themaniac said:

I've thought of that, however I'd like to have ideas for actual programs that i might have a use for

then just make something useful for yourself... sorry but I don't read minds over internet, can't dig through your brain cells to find out what might be of any use for you...

make something that solves your maths homework?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

It depends on the reson why ur learning cpp. If u are genuinely intrested in efficient programming and maybe consider studing computer science later take a look into sorting algorithems or data structures (like linked lists, binary trees etc.).

If u are more into networking try to set up simple file transfers with e.g tcp.

If ur just doing it for fun it is quite easy to write ur own calculator in cpp.

8 minutes ago, SKYflash said:

It depends on the reson why ur learning cpp. If u are genuinely intrested in efficient programming and maybe consider studing computer science later take a look into sorting algorithems or data structures (like linked lists, binary trees etc.).

If u are more into networking try to set up simple file transfers with e.g tcp.

If ur just doing it for fun it is quite easy to write ur own calculator in cpp.

I guess my reason for learning C++ is that i'm interested in programming as for why its C++, its probably because its the most talked about(in a positive light) language, I don't know what I'd be most interested in, so maybe a few things for each, and I've already made a calculator

Spoiler

The other thing i could recommend u is Robocode, a framework that allows u to programm ur own (unfortunatly only digital) roboter and let it fight aginst other Robots.

Sadly it is only avalible for java and .net ... but u could look for a similar project in cpp.

Using a framework is definitely easier and fast then having to write the hole code urself.

If C++ is your first language I would suggest you try learning something easier like Python. If you already know how to code in another language then try to do something with OpenGL or in UE4.

make a sudoku solver improving the time it takes to solve them you will come out strong