Which fans should I buy

RaziAH

I'm still using the 3 fans that came with my case (Corsair Spec-Alpha) and they're pretty loud. I wanna replace these 3 fans but don't know much about what is good and what isn't. I don't have much money to spend on fan, trying to keep it under $50 CAD for all 3. The ones I'm looking at for the 2 intake fans are the Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fans and a Noctua NF-S12B Redux-700 for the exhaust. I want to keep the red LEDs for the intakes because it looks cool in my case and don't want a colorful one for the exhaust cause its pretty visible. I'm not looking for much, just want my PC to be overall more silent. Temps aren't a problem with this setup so I'm not too worried about how much airflow they have, just want them to be quiet. 

2 minutes ago, RaziAH said:

I'm still using the 3 fans that came with my case (Corsair Spec-Alpha) and they're pretty loud. I wanna replace these 3 fans but don't know much about what is good and what isn't. I don't have much money to spend on fan, trying to keep it under $50 CAD for all 3. The ones I'm looking at for the 2 intake fans are the Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fans and a Noctua NF-S12B Redux-700 for the exhaust. I want to keep the red LEDs for the intakes because it looks cool in my case and don't want a colorful one for the exhaust cause its pretty visible. I'm not looking for much, just want my PC to be overall more silent. Temps aren't a problem with this setup so I'm not too worried about how much airflow they have, just want them to be quiet. 

Most silent ones are probably the magnetic type from Corsair (ML120). Also static pressure one from corsair are very silent when not at full load.

2 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

Most silent ones are probably the magnetic type from Corsair (ML120). Also static pressure one from corsair are very silent when not at full load.

Anything cheaper? Cause two of those would cost $60 plus tax and I'd still need an exhaust fan. I can't spend that much on fans.

1 minute ago, RaziAH said:

Anything cheaper? Cause two of those would cost $60 plus tax and I'd still need an exhaust fan. I can't spend that much on fans.

Well lets say that any 4-pin fan with a "silent" mode activated in your motherboard BIOS will do the job fine. See if you can find some Cooler Master, Noctua, or other trusted manifacturer 4-pins fan from your resellers.

Just now, ErrantNyles said:

Well lets say that any 4-pin fan with a "silent" mode activated in your motherboard BIOS will do the job fine. See if you can find some Cooler Master, Noctua, or other trusted manifacturer 4-pins fan from your resellers.

Ok, thanks

6 hours ago, ErrantNyles said:

ML's are high performance fans that are relatively quiet. They aren't actually that quiet. 

NF-S12B's are easily quieter.

@RaziAH If you want to make your system quieter, first identify which components are being too noisy.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.