Shaken NSA Grapples with an Overhaul

James_AJ

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-390727/

"The post-Snowden era has forced a major re-evaluation of NSA operations by the administration and on Capitol Hill, and the review is likely to alter the agency’s rules of the road."

"Broad new controls, though, run the risk of overcorrecting, leaving the agency unable to respond to a future crisis, critics of the expected changes warn"

Nothing drastically new, but still the NSA overhauls are official

They'll probably overhaul, but not a whole lot will change I don't think, they're still going to violate human rights and that's going to be perfectly acceptable.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

they will restrict them NSA wont like their powers gone so they will blow up something and get more power than they have now

/tinfoilhat

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

omg how is the nsa still a thing how hasnt it ruined the relationship with like every ally america has how arnt countries doing anything about it ffs im sick of hearing about it and im sick of it!

They'll change the logo and do a press conference, big changes indeed :rolleyes:

Spy's gonna stop spying? Nope.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

The NSA will be disassembled and reorganized. In the wake of the hole that will ultimately be created, top officials will announce the creation of the Automated Search Network (ASN) to help smooth the transition and calm the fear of the American people. Key experts and statisticians expect 70% of Americans to not give a crap, 90% of Americans feel the emotion of calm with the introduction of the ASN and 2% of Americans to see through the facade that government officials are just reorganizing the letters of the Agency and not actually changing anything else.

NSA today , renamed Sky Net tomorrow.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Just look at the light and forget anything ever happened....

That and your avatar... I haven't laughed that hard in months.

omg how is the nsa still a thing how hasnt it ruined the relationship with like every ally america has how arnt countries doing anything about it ffs im sick of hearing about it and im sick of it!

They're doing it too, and it's hard to argue with the world's only superpower. Brazil didn't seem happy, neither did Germany but only after the leaders were being spied on, and it doesn't sound like the UK is being any more anti-spying either. The only difference is America can't keep it a secret.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

That and your avatar... I haven't laughed that hard in months.

They're doing it too, and it's hard to argue with the world's only superpower. Brazil didn't seem happy, neither did Germany but only after the leaders were being spied on, and it doesn't sound like the UK is being any more anti-spying either. The only difference is America can't keep it a secret.

America's superpower status won't mean a damn thing when other nations start denouncing left and right out of protest. The USA will no longer be trusted in the world and influence will drop dramatically. The biggest traitors aren't the so called terrorists the NSA is spying on, the traitors are the people in DC chosen to represent the people who support this are. That includes everyone who has the nerve to support it just because their government says so. Snowden isn't the traitor, the government ruining relations are.

Also, screw the Wall Street Journal that has this article hidden, they are also scumbags to information for the masses.

America's superpower status won't mean a damn thing when other nations start denouncing left and right out of protest. The USA will no longer be trusted in the world and influence will drop dramatically. The biggest traitors aren't the so called terrorists the NSA is spying on, the traitors are the people in DC chosen to represent the people who support this are. That includes everyone who has the nerve to support it just because their government says so. Snowden isn't the traitor, the government ruining relations are.

Also, screw the Wall Street Journal that has this article hidden, they are also scumbags to information for the masses.

Like I said... they're doing it too. I'm not trying to defend the NSA, but the other countries aren't going to just "rise up and defy America." How could they? Maybe if they all cooperated and gave us an intervention, but do you see that happening?

Like I said... they're doing it too. I'm not trying to defend the NSA, but the other countries aren't going to just "rise up and defy America." How could they? Maybe if they all cooperated and gave us an intervention, but do you see that happening?

I think the people overestimate us if anything. Our rating has dropped from AAA to AA, several countries literally own us because of our debt, China comes to mind. Our influence has dropped with the NSA scandles from every new Snowden leak. I doubt the other nations will want to declare war, but they could denounce us, not surprised if they already did. I mean if you were non-American, would you trust us? The sheer amount of damage control needed is mind blowing.

I think the people overestimate us if anything. Our rating has dropped from AAA to AA, several countries literally own us because of our debt, China comes to mind. Our influence has dropped with the NSA scandles from every new Snowden leak. I doubt the other nations will want to declare war, but they could denounce us, not surprised if they already did. I mean if you were non-American, would you trust us? The sheer amount of damage control needed is mind blowing.

I will say again, the other countries are spying on their own citizens and even sometimes helping the NSA, so they have no reason to denounce us, much less declare war.

There is damage control, there is debt, and then there is - "I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire six shots or only five?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"

The thing countries understand is that you can "own" us all you want on paper (and they do). But if we can't pay (read: decide not to as we can always "print" more money) and you try to enforce it, you're going to be met with harsh resistance. So what? We're a world influence, a large influence... This is a world economy, take out one of the powerhouses and it's like cutting your nose off to spite the face. Everyone will feel the pain and it wouldn't be pretty. Unfortunately, we're all in this together as it's hard to be self-sustaining, especially when you ship off all agriculture/manufacturing or need items from other parts of the world.

As for damage control, while these seem like such large deals to the "ordinary" citizen, these countries already know this type of stuff is happening, they may already be involved with it. Government generally doesn't want the ordinary citizens to know what is going behind the scenes because to "ordinary" people it is well over the line. To the workers "in the know", this is just another day in the office. Also, don't be fooled - those governments are doing (or attempting) the same thing as well.