About to leak test my $4000 PC. PRAY FOR ME

Those floral pattern Dominator Heat Spreader covers look posh AF.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

So uh.... Any leaks yet?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

6 minutes ago, Limecat86 said:

Well considering you have 3 420 rads in your system you might need a bit more. Those rads will contain a lot of coolant.

You ordered premixed?

Yeah its premixed.

14 minutes ago, BRiiTASH said:

We have a full cycle of water. No leaks so far however i may have underestimated how much fluid i will need. Currently used 1.5 litres tap water to flush the system but air pockets remain. I only ordered 2 litres of Purple UV fluid so that could,be a problem.

Only thing I wouldn't have done is use tap water. Its got quite a few chemicals and bacteria flowing around in it. Distilled water is best for this type of stuff.

3 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

So uh.... Any leaks yet?

No leaks as of yet, but many, many air pockets and some rather dissappointing flow, but i think tbe cooling capacity of the rads and the 22x Corsair SP120 high performance fans should compensate for that.

Just now, moarILLEST said:

Only thing I wouldn't have done is use tap water. Its got quite a few chemicals and bacteria flowing around in it. Distilled water is best for this type of stuff.

Going to flush with distilled tommorrow. Tonight is just my test run.

Just now, BRiiTASH said:

No leaks as of yet, but many, many air pockets and some rather dissappointing flow, but i think tbe cooling capacity of the rads and the 22x Corsair SP120 high performance fans should compensate for that.

Best of luck man. I can't imagine running a hardline setup in my case. I know it would support it, but I just don't have the patience for it lol.. May just be from the tap water, just use distilled. What color are you going to go for once complete?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

4 minutes ago, BRiiTASH said:

Going to flush with distilled tommorrow. Tonight is just my test run.

You should never use tap water to flush your system - the chemical imbalance has already started and it may manifest itself with your coolant fading, etc. Cross your fingers and hope. 

For the future just buy a 5 litre bottle of distilled from a garage.

As for the premix - I had an X9 with 2x 360 and a 240 which used around 3 litres of coolant (dual loops mind) I would guess 4 litres for 3x 480 rads with a bit left over of course 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

8 minutes ago, BRiiTASH said:

The disappointing flow might be there because the pump is not running at full speed. Not completely sure but as far as I know most PWM driven D5 pumps run at 40% when there is no PWM signal. I'm assuming you have a D5 pump.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

This is probably going to sound a bit "stating the obvious", but are you actually powering on the system to cycle the loop? You can also do the paperclip trick on the 24-pin cable, plug only the pump and fans etc in, and just switch the PSU on and off to cycle the loop without powering components if you're worried about leaking on powered-on components. That way even if there is a leak, 9/10, just letting stuff dry out works out just fine.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

Are air pockets like this normal in a gpu card?

0627172333.thumb.jpg.8cd33e71dde90f0ea7442e52d42c40f2.jpg

5 minutes ago, LooneyJuice said:

This is probably going to sound a bit "stating the obvious", but are you actually powering on the system to cycle the loop? You can also do the paperclip trick on the 24-pin cable, plug only the pump and fans etc in, and just switch the PSU on and off to cycle the loop without powering components if you're worried about leaking on powered-on components. That way even if there is a leak, 9/10, just letting stuff dry out works out just fine.

Yeah, bought a atx 24pin adapter and the pumps are powered on, but i dont know how to manually increase the rpm to increase the pressure. Maybe i will have to do it through the bios.

8 minutes ago, Limecat86 said:

The disappointing flow might be there because the pump is not running at full speed. Not completely sure but as far as I know most PWM driven D5 pumps run at 40% when there is no PWM signal. I'm assuming you have a D5 pump.

Yeah, that could be why. I cant even hear the thing running funnily enough.

37 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

You should never use tap water to flush your system - the chemical imbalance has already started and it may manifest itself with your coolant fading, etc. Cross your fingers and hope. 

For the future just buy a 5 litre bottle of distilled from a garage.

As for the premix - I had an X9 with 2x 360 and a 240 which used around 3 litres of coolant (dual loops mind) I would guess 4 litres for 3x 480 rads with a bit left over of course 

Going to have to flush it with distilled tommorrow. My system will have UV Cathodes and LEDS anyway so that should hopefully kill any bacteria. I even have 3 UV LEDS in the top of the reservoir to sterilise the water.

3 hours ago, BRiiTASH said:

Have no idea yet until i get the system to boot tommorrow

That water cooling loop is intense. My stock intel cooler looks like a Chihuahua next to a Great Dane! 

10 hours ago, BRiiTASH said:

Going to have to flush it with distilled tommorrow. My system will have UV Cathodes and LEDS anyway so that should hopefully kill any bacteria. I even have 3 UV LEDS in the top of the reservoir to sterilise the water.

UV-C (260nm wavelength) is used in fishponds and such to kill algae and bacteria. This type of lamp comes in direct contact with the water and is housed in a opaque tube as UV-C exposure is very dangerous. 

Your Cathodes and LEDS are emitting a low power UV-A wave which is too weak to do anything against that. Think about it, If it would kill bacteria it would very likely also cause damage to your skin cells and even your PC components would suffer from it over time.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

So it fucking happened. As I was fitting one of the support brackets to fasten the top of the reservoir to my case a load of water left sitting in the bottom of it dribbled out. 

I moved the lower retention bracket, filled it again and as i replaced the bracket more came out. Turns out a screw at the back of the bracket that applies pressure to the back of the reservoir and pushes it against the front of the retention bracket must have been too tight, and broke the seal between the O-ring and bottom of the reservoir allowing water to trickle through.

Ive untightened the screw and fixed the retention bracket to a aluminium plate that fixes itself to the case, and hope that the decrease in pressure against the glass will stop it from leaking again.

Lesson learned. Do NOT buy a resvoir that is not sealed at the base between the glass and the base itself. My reservoir is a Aqualis 450 something or other i think.

0628171515.thumb.jpg.5245b87bc9c106828afcb186dff0ecc1.jpg

There does appear to be water sitting around the oring now however which is frustrating as it makes me anxious that another leak is possible. Think im going to leave the front and side of the case off so i can monitor it as i am gaming.

So turns out behemoth is being a bitch. One GTX 1080 wont register in bios, new asus strix dlx 7.1 wont update its drivers, steam wont load. Sometimes i wonder why i ever left console gaming?

Update: Got soundcard working but the Asus Sonar 2 software and software is incompatible with my mobo so thats great.

Overclocked my one working 1080 to 2.1ghz easy peasy with MSI. 80+FPS in Battlegrounds 1080p MAX settings.

Still, im determined to test that damn 2nd 1080 and work out if it can be fixed or not. Looks like all my hardwork is going to have to be undone and dissambled.