EK 1080 ti waterblock - Does reversed flow matter?

I realized I configured the flow of my GPU reversed as to how the manual tells you to do. The bottom right is inlet and top left is outlet on my card but it should be reversed. I messaged EK and they told me it makes ~1 degree difference having it reversed, but on other forums people state it makes a huge difference. Anyone got any facts on this? If it is 1 degree c then I really can't be arsed switching them up, but if it truly does make a significant difference then obvious I'll do it. Anyone?

IMG_20170626_013228.jpg

GPU block doesn't really make any difference. It's the CPU block that can see the biggest impact. I installed my CPU loop backwards and after fixing it saw about a 5C difference.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Ardox said:

I realized I configured the flow of my GPU reversed as to how the manual tells you to do. The bottom right is inlet and top left is outlet on my card but it should be reversed. I messaged EK and they told me it makes ~1 degree difference having it reversed, but on other forums people state it makes a huge difference. Anyone got any facts on this? If it is 1 degree c then I really can't be arsed switching them up, but if it truly does make a significant difference then obvious I'll do it. Anyone?

Ek reps usually know their stuff, as opposed to many brands... If they said it's fine, it's fine

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

Unless you're concerned about the temps you are seeing, who cares? EK says 1-degree difference and the temps are good, leave it. 

If it still concerns you, you can flip it at the next time you drain the system for something else but given the info on hand, I wouldn't drain it just to change it around. Perhaps when replacing the coolant but not just for that. 

I have seen plenty of SLI build and not once have I seen the GPU flow been taking into account. It always just get whatever flow direction that fits the rest of the loop.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

I used that "reverse flow" method many times because it was making my loop looks cleaner and never had issues.  The temp difference might even be less than 1 degree,