DIY Xbox

I am going to build my own Xbox system with all of the 3 OS installed, and I am going to combine Windows 10, Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016, and Xbox OS. I am using my desktop and running both Windows 10 and the hard drive with the 3 OS. My build has a Intel core i7-7700K, Two Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1060 that are not in SLI, Two 1TB SSHD, and I have unraid plugged in. Is it possible for me to have both systems boot up, and the three OS work together?

How the hell do you think you're going to install an Xbox OS on something that's not an Xbox? That OS is only designed to be run on a very specific set of components as it is, and I really doubt you're going to get it to run on something that's not an Xbox unless you are a straight-up 1337 hax0r.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It should be possible to do it so because these guys did it:

Although they don't tell us anything about how to get the os.

3 minutes ago, NQSD said:

not really, it won't work due to optimization issues, Xbox OS uses XBOX hardware that built for the console. 

edit- OP quote people 

Edited by nerdslayer1

Okay, if it is not possible to run the three OS, how about the dual boot? I would like to run two different OS while utilizing the same hardware. How does that work?

4 minutes ago, NQSD said:

they did not build an xbox one. that is a click bait title. in the description of the video they said they "Kovic and Bruce show you how to build the closest thing to an Xbox One"

they in no way built an xbox one. they built a pc with specs that are similar. "building an xbox one is not possible

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

1 minute ago, NQSD said:

Okay, if it is not possible to run the three OS, how about the dual boot? I would like to run two different OS while utilizing the same hardware. How does that work?

https://www.howtogeek.com/187789/dual-booting-explained-how-you-can-have-multiple-operating-systems-on-your-computer/

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Just now, NQSD said:

no, it's not possible to have a working copy of Xbox OS on non-Xbox hardware 

I was talking about having Windows and Linux using the same hardware but separate.

6 minutes ago, NQSD said:

I was talking about having Windows and Linux using the same hardware but separate.

It's fairly easy just look up a YouTube video, it's called dual booting. Also quote people when you reply (arrow)

It's fairly easy just look up a YouTube video, it's called dual booting. Also quote people when you reply (arrow)

Sorry, I'm new.

1 hour ago, NQSD said:

Sorry, I'm new.

ill send it again because it doesnt look like u saw it the first time 

https://www.howtogeek.com/187789/dual-booting-explained-how-you-can-have-multiple-operating-systems-on-your-computer/

4 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

they did not build an xbox one. that is a click bait title. in the description of the video they said they "Kovic and Bruce show you how to build the closest thing to an Xbox One"

they in no way built an xbox one. they built a pc with specs that are similar. "building an xbox one is not possible

Man I want to build a Switch with a GTX 1080 in it. Should I go Ryzen or Intel?

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Man I want to build a Switch with a GTX 1080 in it. Should I go Ryzen or Intel?

xD

Here's a fundamental problem why you won't succeed: You're using the wrong hardware configuration. Console software is specifically tailored to run on the hardware the console has. And you're also missing a few things that you won't get. Do you have the eDRAM that the Xbox One has that developers did use and are expecting? Do you have the ARM chip that's also in the Xbox One? And with the new Xbox One X, do you have 12GB of GDDR5 memory laying around that can be used as both system RAM and VRAM?

You're also not using AMD hardware anywhere. Some developers may have used AMD specific features. While I haven't heard of any case of AMD HSA being used, I wouldn't put it past the developers to get it working. There could be other things as well in play that I'm not aware of, like heavily relying on AMD's asynchronous compute that NVIDIA doesn't use (they use another method)