Which of these headsets? (Poll)

RaptorCock

Headset Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• HyperXCloud I
    • SteelSeries Arctis 3
    • None of the Above (List headset in comments)

I have come to a conclusion that I need to get one of these headphones but I am not sure which, I heard a lot of good things about both, and the Arctis 3 looks really cool and I want to get it because I already used a Cloud I but mine broke so I need to get a new headset. Which of these should I get, if any?

Audio-Technica ATH-PDG1 Gaming Headset

personal preference over those two

| i'm bad at games, but play them anyways |

16 hours ago, RaptorCock said:

I have come to a conclusion that I need to get one of these headphones but I am not sure which, I heard a lot of good things about both, and the Arctis 3 looks really cool and I want to get it because I already used a Cloud I but mine broke so I need to get a new headset. Which of these should I get, if any?

Arctis 7

HYPER X CLOUD II. So much better sound quality.

A smile goes much farther than the person it's meant for.

First impressions are important, it sets the stage for respect.

"If you don't know every word you don't know it!"- SGM McCray

I listed the Hyper X as one of the worst. Sounds great if you like hearing things through a metal pipe. Actually the mic works very well. People said my voice was crystal clear. Unfortunately I could only understand about 1 in 5 words when they were talking. Tried tweeking them, with the help of others, for about 20hrs and gave up. These were people I play in an online midi controller band with, so they know quality sound.They look really cool sitting in the box in my closet. My 25 dollar logitec cheapo's sound better. Hype X would be a better title.

I would go with the Arctis, or anything else. I'm currently using Sennheiser's GSP 350, but I got them on sale for alot less than they normally go for.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

Headphones:

• Audio-Technica ATH-AD500x (open-back)
  • Philips SHP9500 (open-back)
  • Samson SR950 (closed-back)
  • Sennheiser HD558 (open-back)
  • Superlux HD-681 EVO (semi-open-back)
  • Superlux HD668B  (semi-open-back) / Samson SR850 (semi-open-back) + velour earpads from HiFiMAN

Mics:

• Antlion ModMic 5
  • Antlion ModMic 4
  • V-Moda BoomPro (only compatible with Philips SHP9500)

Open-back headphones have cups with perforations/grills that allow outside sound to freely pass in and sound from the drivers to freely pass out. Semi-open is mostly considered as completely open-back. How loud you hear outside sound and how loud people around you hear the sound emanating from the headphones depend on your volume, of course. In my experience when I play, I don’t hear people talk right next to me. The benefit to open-back is generally a big soundstage. Closed-back headphones have cups with solid shells that largely isolate sound from passing in and out. These should be considered for gaming only if isolation is needed.

I own a Superlux HD668B and I think it's much better than HyperX Cloud / Cloud II / CloudX because it has a big soundstage, accurate imaging, and good clarity and detailing. It's great for FPS gaming. To me, the Cloud sounds very muddy and severely lacks soundstage and imaging.

Soundstage is perceived space and environment of sound. It determines whether the sound is perceived to be coming from inside your head or beyond the drivers and around you. It can be compared to virtual surround sound; both attempt to produce the same spacious, three-dimensional effect. Imaging determines how accurately sounds/objects are positioned.

On 6/24/2017 at 7:15 AM, MadModder said:

I listed the Hyper X as one of the worst. Sounds great if you like hearing things through a metal pipe.

Funny, when using HyperX Cloud, I've been trying to describe something about the sound, and you pretty much nailed it.