New Hackintosh guide?

ecefour

This is just a suggestion, but I would love to see a 2017 Hackintosh build by LTT.

This is a status update.

What is your question?

Please read over the rules for the forum.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sorry, Hackintoshes are not allowed on the forum. 

which doesnt make sense since they did a video on them recently. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I think it would be a great video. It's just a video recommendation, not help for making one, so I don't see any issue talking about it on the forum. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

8 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I know

Isnt it odd

6 hours ago, yathis said:

This is a status update.

What is your question?

Please read over the rules for the forum.

Have you read the rules of the forum?

• "Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function."

I'm not trying to single you out, so many people have done this lately. The forums have been feeling kind of hostile from it.

The user is brand new. If you have a problem, report it. What constitutes a status update isn't exactly cut and dry for new members. Especially since the General discussion forum has plenty of suggestions for LTT content so it's understandable if someone gets this wrong. It would just be nice if someone's first venture on the forums wasn't meet with some stranger saying "You're doing this wrong!"

@ecefour here is a link to the community standards. Generally a good habit and good manners on any internet forum to read them before posting.

It can be found in the sidebar under "community"

The expected content for each sub forum should be listed at the top of the page for whichever one you're in.

Just now, Gravesnear said:

Have you read the rules of the forum?

• "Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function."

I'm not trying to single you out, so many people have done this lately. The forums have been feeling kind of hostile from it.

The user is brand new. If you have a problem, report it. What constitutes a status update isn't exactly cut and dry for new members. Especially since the General discussion forum has plenty of suggestions for LTT content so it's understandable if someone gets this wrong. It would just be nice if someone's first venture on the forums wasn't meet with some stranger saying "You're doing this wrong!"

@ecefour here is a link to the community standards. Generally a good habit and good manners on any internet forum to read them before posting.

It can be found in the sidebar under "community"

The expected content for each sub forum should be listed at the top of the page for whichever one you're in.

All the lifers do the same, so its allowed.

6 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sorry, Hackintoshes are not allowed on the forum. 

You can talk about them generally as a thing that exists. You can't ask for advice or suggestions about how.

10 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I wouldn't call it recent. And it was made before forum ruling was made. To note that LMG videos still have many things that aren't allowed on forums.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I wouldn't call it recent. And it was made before forum ruling was made.

I don't think you are thinking of the video I am talking about. 

They did a video on it a few moths ago long after the rule was in place. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

47 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Latest I see is AFAP video which isn't really guide. That style could be made from things not allowed like piracy and cracking.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I wouldn't call it recent. And it was made before forum ruling was made. To note that LMG videos still have many things that aren't allowed on forums.

Think he means the techquicky like a month a go or something 

6 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

which one may I ask ?

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

3 hours ago, NLD1st said:

Think he means the techquicky like a month a go or something 

Which isn't really guide but more like info sheet.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv