Samsung 840 pro done for?

Carde

I am having an issue with my Samsung 840 pro (512Gb) , like my 830 (256GB) it came over from my old intel rig to my new AMD ryzen rig. The 830 like the champion it always has been is perfectly fine with it all and soldiers on as my OS drive.

The 840 pro has seen a bit more use (100TB written compared to 25TB for my 830), but is now giving trouble, it shows up in the bios and in in windows, even gave it a format and it is running the latest firmware. However it will not accept any instals or run anything. Stuff simply crashes and I get a popup to select what to do with removable media D: Games (name of the drive). I also flashed my MB bios with the latest from ASUS, but that has not fixed anything either.

So is it just a drive that is giving out (Keeping in mind it had zero issues 12 hours ago in my intel system) or is there something else I am missing?

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

Use crystaldiskinfo to see the drive's heath.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Gives me the same as Samsung magician software: Good 100%

Well problem solved, issue was in the cable, guess the insane angle it had to make caused a break, new cables in and all is fine.