Bare Copper or Tinned Wiring?

Revan654

I got this wiring awhile back, It looks like it's bare copper wire.

k0kwIb9l.jpg

1. Anyone know for a fact if it's bare copper or just a different type of tinned wiring? I got it from Ice-Modz when they were still around.

2. Is oxidization going to be that bad inside a PC if the wiring is bare copper?

3. If the wire is bare copper, Would tinning the wire with a soldering Iron fix the oxidization issue?

4. I did a quick tinning of the wire here, Does this ok for tinning?

9yVLpNOl.jpg

5. I got some AlphaWire awhile Back. I was wondering if this wiring is ok to use for USB & Fan cables (It has a voltage rating of 600v instead of the normal 300v). Other then not being PVC everything else seems the same.

Link: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=6713_BK005virtualkey60200000virtualkey602-6713-100-02

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

What are you using this for? If you gonna crimp it into a connector you don't really need to tin them and it will mainly just add resistance.

8 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I got this wiring awhile back, It looks like it's bare copper wire.

1. Anyone know for a fact if it's bare copper or just a different type of tinned wiring? I got it from Ice-Modz when they were still around.

2. Is oxidization going to be that bad inside a PC if the wiring is bare copper?

3. If the wire is bare copper, Would tinning the wire with a soldering Iron fix the oxidization issue?

4. I did a quick tinning of the wire here, Does this ok for tinning?

5. I got some AlphaWire awhile Back. I was wondering if this wiring is ok to use for USB & Fan cables (It has a voltage rating of 600v instead of the normal 300v). Other then not being PVC everything else seems the same.

Link: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=6713_BK005virtualkey60200000virtualkey602-6713-100-02

For applications within a computer it's not really a worry, it was common practice before to have everything tinned to prevent possible oxidation especially for exterior applications if water was to wick up the strands of the wire. For crimp connections in a PC it makes no difference between having it tinned or not tinned, I personally used what I got available which was stranded untinned copper wire.