24 volt DC output system required

Zameer

I need a backup system that takes in 220VAC input and gives out 12 or 24VDC output, with 30 minutes of backup time.

Can anyone suggest me anything. Please send the link for some online store that does international shipping.

Just now, Alaradia said:

12 - 24 v at how many amps?

5 amps

I need it for a project, and the customer wants complete system in one single enclosure.

4 minutes ago, Zameer said:

I need it for a project, and the customer wants complete system in one single enclosure.

put both the ups and the power brick in a box then drill a hole and feed the cables out of it 

The easiest way would be to buy a UPS and then buy an AC to DC power supply that outputs 24v 5a or more.

When there's power, the UPS will simply pass through 110v or 230v and the power supply will output 24v 5A just fine.

When there's no power, the UPS will fall back to battery and convert the battery's voltage to AC and then the power supply still gets power.

The conversion from battery to AC voltage and then again from AC to DC will cause some losses but if the UPS is equipped with good enough battery it will last 30 minutes.

If you want something more efficient (no conversions from dc to ac and back to dc), then buy a lead acid battery charger and a big 12v or 24v car battery and then buy a dc-dc converter which takes in a wide input voltage (let's say from 9v to 30v and outputs 24v at 5a)

Examples of  AC-DC power supplies:

27.5$ : Delta PMT-24V150W1AA (150w / 24v 6.5A 89% efficiency) : LINK

36.0$ : Delta PMT-24V200W1AM (200w / 24v 8.8A 88.5% efficiency) : LINK

18 minutes ago, Zameer said:

Thank you,

I found this product that serves my needs.

Thanks again for your help

http://www.powerstream.com/24v-150w-backup.htm

You have to be very careful when using that device. Pay attention to the instructions.

By default I think it comes without any battery inside, so you'd have to pay more money for that. A battery big enough to hold charge for 30 minutes may not fit inside.

Also, in order to charge the battery inside - as the instructions say - you have to configure the output voltage to the one typically used to charge lead acid batteries, which is around 26-28v .... so the output voltage will be the same as the charge voltage.

I'm also not sure if the device will actually regulate the battery voltage (ex when the mains power is off, will it boost 20-24v from battery to a fixed 24v or will it just output whatever the battery produces)