Why are BenQ monitors special?

BlackoutBae
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

BenQ has a very good track record in most areas but especially their gaming monitors. Most other brands, such as Acer and Asus have had multiple quality issues with their monitors, such as high dead pixel rate and backlight bleeding. 

I believe a lot of Esports tournaments use BenQ monitors. Their reliability may be part of the reason why. 

Hello, I was looking for a 1440p 144hz monitor and a bunch of people have said "Oh go with benQ they are the best". Is there a reason that they are superior to other monitor brands or am I just paying for their logo on a basic monitor?

No they are basically the monitor gods

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

No they are basically the monitor gods

This did not answer my question. Are they just more reliable or something?

4 minutes ago, BlackoutBae said:

Hello, I was looking for a 1440p 144hz monitor and a bunch of people have said "Oh go with benQ they are the best". Is there a reason that they are superior to other monitor brands or am I just paying for their logo on a basic monitor?

They have good monitors but they are not special.

2 minutes ago, BlackoutBae said:

This did not answer my question. Are they just more reliable or something?

More reliable than others

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

They're good but they aren't godly or anything. Most of their monitors have very well-matched competitors.

BenQ has a very good track record in most areas but especially their gaming monitors. Most other brands, such as Acer and Asus have had multiple quality issues with their monitors, such as high dead pixel rate and backlight bleeding. 

I believe a lot of Esports tournaments use BenQ monitors. Their reliability may be part of the reason why. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

This is the answer I wanted. Thank you. I have been using View sonic monitors for a few years now, are they good compared to benQ? 

1 minute ago, BlackoutBae said:

This is the answer I wanted. Thank you. I have been using View sonic monitors for a few years now, are they good compared to benQ? 

View Sonic has some good monitors. Pretty much all brands have some bad models around or have had issues with models in their early revisions. I would personally go with Dell monitors where possible, but they don't have much in terms of gaming monitors. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

They also had monitors that passed through a signal so you could send a separate signal to a capture card

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

View Sonic has some good monitors. Pretty much all brands have some bad models around or have had issues with models in their early revisions. 

Ok thank you!

15 minutes ago, BlackoutBae said:

They provide monitors for a lot of eSports events so their brand has a lot of recognition among gamers. It's just sponsorships at work. They do make good monitors but there isn't really anything special about them, and they tend to be expensive for what they are.