Too good to be True?

16 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Right... So it's a Visa Debit or other kind of 'Virtual Visa' debit card, exactly like I said it would be but then you contested, saying 'It's a legit credit card' when it wasn't a credit card at all.

So, it's not a credit card.  It's a banking debit card where all funds are directly withdrawn from a bank account.  It has a credit card like number and such which allows it to interact with supporting credit accepting services but instead of billing a credit account, the payment is taken from an account with funds it in.  Because you're under 18 so you can't actually HAVE a credit card.

Ah ok

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Then you ain't buying stuff on eBay in the first place.  Where's the problem?

the problem is that you're telling OP to buy stuff on ebay ;)

19 hours ago, domandric034 said:

What the fuck ?!

I cannot belive that it is that cheap. Maybe something is broken. It has to be there is no way someone can sell Z170 that cheap

The deadline for the auction is so far away that the price could be anything right now. Only the winning bid matters.

Also, if you want to scam people with low prices, you set a low "buy it now" price. In an auction, the market sets the price, so it can't possibly be "too cheap" unless some very special, unfortunate (for the seller) circumstances .

19 hours ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

He's charging $25USD for shipping fwiw

No, he's chargin $8.50. You are seeing $25 because you are outside the US, and you are being shown international shipping rates (seller is in New York). If you go to the shipping section and check rates for the US, you'll see a different story.

5 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

But it's $71 right now

That's already a decent price for a Z170 board that you are buying from a private seller instead of a retailer. Then depending on how much do people like it, it may go higher.

Now, for all you know, the current winning bid could already be $150, but you won't see it until the second bidder goes up to $149...

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

The deadline for the auction is so far away that the price could be anything right now. Only the winning bid matters.

Also, if you want to scam people with low prices, you set a low "buy it now" price. In an auction, the market sets the price, so it can't possibly be "too cheap" unless some very special, unfortunate (for the seller) circumstances .

No, he's chargin $8.50. You are seeing $25 because you are outside the US, and you are being shown international shipping rates (seller is in New York). If you go to the shipping section and check rates for the US, you'll see a different story.

That's already a decent price for a Z170 board that you are buying from a private seller instead of a retailer. Then depending on how much do people like it, it may go higher.

Now, for all you know, the current winning bid could already be $150, but you won't see it until the second bidder goes up to $149...

Yeah I know but once it's over $100 American I'm not going to bid on it

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 hour ago, Billy_Mays said:

Yeah I know but once it's over $100 American I'm not going to bid on it

I don't even know what you mean by that. If you are willing to bid $100 for it, you can place a $100 bid now. If someone bids more, they'll get it. If they don't, you pay 1$ more than the second highest bid.

The point remains that the current highest bid in an auction doesn't tell much about the final price, so nothing to be surprised about until it's over.