I've owned 5 graphics cards in 11 months.

HotDiggityDaffodil

I became a PC gamer last summer when I bought an RX 480 on launch day. A week later I found out about the power issues the cards were having, so I returned it to Microcenter. I then purchased a GTX 1060 mini and an Ultrawide monitor (which I later found out to have Freesync, *facepalm*). Screen tearing really bothered me, though, so I started using Vsync. However, the 1060 couldn't keep above 60fps in all games, so I was getting a lot of stuttering. I ended up selling it about two months later and got meself a 1070 from Jet for $350.

All was well for a few months, until I tested an RX 470 for a friend of mine with my Freesync monitor. I was hooked right away. Not only was Freesync awesome, but the monitor got bumped to 75hz. And somehow, gaming on an RX 470 felt better than the 1070 with that monitor. Weeks later I was able to sell my GTX 1070 abroad for $425 and bought an RX 480 Strix OC for $214 after a $30 rebate, and spent the $211 surplus on a new case, memory and ssd upgrades.

Fast forward to this week, I sold my RX 480 on Ebay to some Ethereum miner for $340 after fees and shipping, and got a refurbished GTX 1080 FTW for $450. I'll use the card for mining for a few weeks to pay for the $110 difference. Also, the monitor is still 75hz without the RX 480, so that's great too. 

There's no point to this story, I just thought I'd share it with you guys. I confess I may be a little addicted to pc building, but aren't we all. 

Lian-li O11-Dynamic | i7-11700K |  MSI Z590 MAG Tomahawk | 64gb Ripjaws 3200MHz | 1tb Nvme SSD + 6tb HDD RAID | Corsair H115i Cooler | EVGA 850BQ PSU | RTX 3080ti TUF | LG C2 65" & Acer Nitro XV340CK Monitor

Spoiler

This would have probably been better as a status update.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Sir, I applaud you for such a great story I will one day tell my grandsons and granddaughters once I am old and Half Life 3 has been released...

12 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

This would have probably been better as a status update.

Is that Coco Adel as your profile pic?

1 minute ago, Yoo Song Won said:

Is that Coco Adel as your profile pic?

Yes, it is.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.