How many monitors should I get

liamh

Sometime in the summer I'm thinking of building a PC.

I have a list parts for roughly £500 (630 USD) below my budget.

I was thinking of getting a 4k curved one, but then I considered getting 2 cheaper (1440p/1080p) ones. 

I'm probably going to be doing video/photo editing, gaming and maybe some progamming.

I'm not to experienced in terms of monitors so I have decided to ask the LTT community.

Thanks, 

Liam.

3 minutes ago, liamh said:

I was thinking of getting a 4k curved one, but then I considered getting 2 cheaper (1440p/1080p) ones. 

I'm probably going to be doing video/photo editing, gaming and maybe some progamming.

I'm not to experienced in terms of monitors so I have decided to ask the LTT community.

Thanks, 

Liam.

I would day get two 1440p monitors, if you can maybe get curved ones for a cleaner look. 

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

6 minutes ago, liamh said:

Thanks, 

Liam.

can you show us the list as well, maybe you can get an even better pc

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

get a 1440p 144hz and then a 1080p or 1440p 60hz as a second monitor your main on wants to be 144hz though for gaming on and your second one is there just for making life a little easier so it dont need to be special 

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

What is budget for your monitors? 

I would just get 2 1440p if it fit your budget, if you thinking of doing video editing and legit production work you should look at some color accurate panels (4K or 1440p at 60hz) and gaming monitor as other (1080p 144hz)

Magical Pineapples

16 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

can you show us the list as well, maybe you can get an even better pc

Ok.

i7 7700k

16gb ddr4

GTX 1060

that's all i can remember off the top of my head. I need to go so i will update the list when i get back

Just now, liamh said:

Ok.

i7 7700k

16gb ddr4

GTX 1060

that's all i can remember off the top of my head. I need to go so i will update the list when i get back

get a GTX 1080TI if you have another $500 lol or a 1070 and the 1440p monitors. definatly get more then one monitor though, it comes in super handy quite often but three monitors is more pain then reward IMO. two is the sweetspot

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

IMO get an ultrawide, 1440/3440 or 1080/25__ are awesome.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

get a GTX 1080TI if you have another $500 lol or a 1070 and the 1440p monitors. definatly get more then one monitor though, it comes in super handy quite often but three monitors is more pain then reward IMO. two is the sweetspot

Ok. 1080Ti