RIP Amazon Unlimited Cloud storage ;-;

The Benjamins
53 minutes ago, Terodius said:

A couple of weeks I think? I had pretty good internet at my old place: 4356789273.png

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Shitty that those kinds of speeds are at the cost of not having the awesome TV sport network thing that my dad likes, we have internet issues at least 4x a year and I'm tryna convince my parents to switch to a better provider with better speeds and reliability (the current one is the largest one in the netherlands)

150/15 is nice but I kinda want better upload ;)

1 minute ago, mikat said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Shitty that those kinds of speeds are at the cost of not having the awesome TV sport network thing that my dad likes, we have internet issues at least 4x a year and I'm tryna convince my parents to switch to a better provider with better speeds and reliability (the current one is the largest one in the netherlands)

150/15 is nice but I kinda want better upload ;)

man I wish i can options

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

8 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

what sucks for me is mine ends September so I only have 2-3 months left. ;-;

It only took me 2-3 months to get 6TB uploaded. now I am looking into other services and going to rent a VPS to transfer the data faster. my shitty 13Mbps upload from crapcast is not good enough.

I'm sorry :( that really sucks! Maybe, maybe someone else will start an unlimited storage plan.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

3 hours ago, Terodius said:

A couple of weeks I think? I had pretty good internet at my old place: 4356789273.png

Wow! Way faster than mine...

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

I still have my UNLIMITED plan in Canada. Not changing, same price.

Now people will hop on a VPN to Canada.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Wow 

You guys use a lot of storage !!! All of my files , all of them together are less than 2TB !!!

I thought about assembling a NAS but since I don't have a lot of things to store , it doesn't make sense to spend money on it!

And why don't you use google photos to backup your pictures and videos ??It's free 

2 hours ago, Red Hardware said:

Wow 

You guys use a lot of storage !!! All of my files , all of them together are less than 2TB !!!

I thought about assembling a NAS but since I don't have a lot of things to store , it doesn't make sense to spend money on it!

And why don't you use google photos to backup your pictures and videos ??It's free 

Isn't only pictures free? And the more space you have the more you use.

26 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

No 

Pics up to 16MP and videos up to FHD are 100% free if you choose high quality . If you chose original quality , then it will use your 15gb google account storage but everything will be saved at original resolution  (Pixel Users will get free unlimited space without any limitation and compression. If you own a pixel, all of your photos will be backed up at original quality without counting it as your used space)

and their compression algorithms are really really good , you can't notice any difference !! Even for photos with 16+MP 

check out these links that compares the original pic vs the compressed one

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Google-Photos-High-quality-vs-Original-Whats-the-difference-and-should-you-care_id93938

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/arpit-verma/bursting-the-myth-of-comp_b_8902076.html

2 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

No 

Pics up to 16MP and videos up to FHD are 100% free if you choose high quality . If you chose original quality , then it will use your 15gb google account storage but everything will be saved at original resolution  (Pixel Users will get free unlimited space without any limitation and compression. If you own a pixel, all of your photos will be backed up at original quality without counting it as your used space)

and their compression algorithms are really really good , you can't notice any difference !! Even for photos with 16+MP 

check out these links that compares the original pic vs the compressed one

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Google-Photos-High-quality-vs-Original-Whats-the-difference-and-should-you-care_id93938

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/arpit-verma/bursting-the-myth-of-comp_b_8902076.html

that is for phone picture uploads only. and the pixel thing is for pixel photos not all photos. I own a pixel.

28 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

And i forgot to mention that , you also get their ai assistant that makes it so easy to find your photos , suggest edits and makes it easy to make albums ,... by analysing photos  

4 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

that is for phone picture uploads only. and the pixel thing is for pixel photos not all photos. I own a pixel.

you can upload videos as well , and you can put your photos in your internal storage and upload them with your pixel

3 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

And i forgot to mention that , you also get their ai assistant that makes it so easy to find your photos , suggest edits and makes it easy to make albums ,... by analysing photos  

ya but I have mostly videos and random stuff.

Just now, Red Hardware said:

you can upload videos as well , and you can put your photos in your internal storage and upload them with your pixel

I am not going to spend months of time uploading 6TB of videos though my phone.

Just now, The Benjamins said:

ya but I have mostly videos and random stuff

I'm sure you can upload videos as well , with original quality!! for free so what's the problem?

Just now, Red Hardware said:

I'm sure you can upload videos as well , with original quality!! for free so what's the problem?

It took a solid 2-3 months to do 6TB, I dont have the time or will power to manage doing it my self though my phone, that is crazy talk.

9 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

It took a solid 2-3 months to do 6TB, I dont have the time or will power to manage doing it my self though my phone, that is crazy talk.

You can upload from your pc as well (but i'm not sure about free original quality if you upload from pc instead of your pixel). That's the cheapest way to backup photos and videos specially that you own a pixel + you have google photos AI as well . The only thing that i think people can get mad about is privacy. Since Google analyse your photos to :1- be able to know you better and show more relevant ads  2-be able to train their AI and 3- Manage your photos

3 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

ya but I have mostly videos and random stuff.

I am not going to spend months of time uploading 6TB of videos though my phone.

It works through PC too.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:03 PM, The Benjamins said:

This sucks I was just getting close to copying my NAS to it (~8TB) and now I need to find another cheap alternative.

They wouldn't have let you, it was never truly unlimited. It was just marketing. They already forced some users to remove stuff after they uploaded a huge amount of data. This is just them clearly defining what the actual limit is.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

They wouldn't have let you, it was never truly unlimited. It was just marketing. They already forced some users to remove stuff after they uploaded a huge amount of data. This is just them clearly defining what the actual limit is.

it was said by support they give 200TB of storage. 

2 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

it was said by support they give 200TB of storage. 

That's just the theoretical hard cap, in reality they wouldn't let you reach that.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*